Lost ring

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I am betting that the ring I have been looking for has already been found by another hunter. If it has and you are reading this post I will describe it and hope that it can be returned to the owner. He is really upset about this loss. It is a two tone ring.... yellow gold on one side and white gold on the other with a diagonal strip of diamonds. It was lost in the little cove on the beach between the IHOP and the Econolodge. I have hunted there a couple of times and I believe it has already been found by another hunter. His anniversary is this coming week and would really like to get his ring back if possible. I leave it up to you gng's. I've tried the best I can and I can't find it.

Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was lost in the little cove on the beach between the IHOP and the Econolodge

Well if it wasn't it will now..

Don't take this the wrong way but a need to know information only should have been posted (where it was lost was not necessary) if you know what I mean

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
curses to anyone who finds it or who has found it that know its lost and someone is looking for it. May the rest of your days be full of pulltabs and bottle caps

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
FloridaBill said:

Don't take this the wrong way but a need to know information only should have been posted (where it was lost was not necessary) if you know what I mean

No, I did not take it the wrong way at all. I kept it a secret for a while but figured if I couldn't find it maybe someone else will be able to and if they did and knew I was looking for it perhaps they would let me know. I know kind of nieve of me but..... you never know. I just am not good at this stuff and some of you guys are VERY good at this kind of thing.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo your in for it now txkickergirl done sent out the dreaded voodoo curse of the metal detectorist .......best not be hordin that ring turn it in now to escape this wrath

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost 75 ozs of gold nuggets in a jar in the 4 cornors area, anyone seen it?

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry mumzie, didn't mean to hijack your thread.......

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaBill said:

I would like to think most of the folks here would do the right thing if they knew how to find the owner.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most of the folks here would

It's a shame, but I think the two key words are most and here, as you know there are tons of lurkers and they are here for one reason believe it or not...

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzie, I would like to think that most of us here on Tnet have some scruppples. If anyone finds it who is a tnetter I would like to think they would return it. My personal code is, if there is something on the object to id the owner or if I know who the owner is I will return it. If not, then it goes into the goody pile. There are hundreds of crooks out there who would try to claim it just from the description you gave. I am not scolding you and I think you did the right thing, but I wouldn't describe it, but let the owner describe it to the finder to prove he/she is the rightful owner. I'd say something like, gold men's band with decorations. You are a treasure among detectorists. Monty

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think you done good Mumszie! It'd be nice to see how this turns out and our belief in people vindicated.

Sometimes it's painful to believe in people and then get disappointed ...BUT still I prefer to believe!

A couple days ago I successfully recovered a ring (from a Craigslist post) and told the person that engraving would help return his lost ring in the future.

I normally make a huge effort if there is engraving ..or if it seems high value. That same day I also found a Platinum band with NO engraving. I've listed it on Craigslist but doubt it'll find it's owner.

HH Joe

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Mumzie, I would like to think that most of us here on Tnet have some scruppples. If anyone finds it who is a tnetter I would like to think they would return it. My personal code is, if there is something on the object to id the owner or if I know who the owner is I will return it. If not, then it goes into the goody pile. There are hundreds of crooks out there who would try to claim it just from the description you gave. I am not scolding you and I think you did the right thing, but I wouldn't describe it, but let the owner describe it to the finder to prove he/she is the rightful owner. I'd say something like, gold men's band with decorations. You are a treasure among detectorists. Monty

Ditto, saved me a whole lot of writing :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread