Boat Smaller.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live on the river in Mt.vernon.Try the fort hunt area,also the anacostia river north,look at the area on google earth,lots of interesting stuff in the water there,looks like gun implacements and old buildings now underwater.Also across from mt vernon at fort foote park.You also have fort washington on that side too.Also on the maryland side right scross from yacht haven,there used to be a large amusement park with a very large ferris wheel.They tore it all down before i left that area in 1981.Im sure theres some goodies buried there.Also some small cove along the potomac south of ft belvoir the navy sunk a bunch of WW2 PT boats complete with engines,a friend raised up 2 of them and restored them to sell.If you find them let me know an i will come up and raise a few with you.The river has cleaned itself up quite a bit since i was there.It was really bad,so many dead fish that you could almost walk across the water on them.And i used to windsurf there in high winds and jump the 10 foot wake from the mt vernon tour boats.I wore a full wetsuit and had all my shots up to date.

Jason,

Check out the photo,the cords are on it,lots of shipwrecks to check out,let me know if you find anything there.

Attachments

• lotsofpotomacwrecks.jpg
    lotsofpotomacwrecks.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 258

Huntr1

Oct 26, 2005
Mechanicsville, MD
JasonB said:
Greetings Fellow THers:

I have a boat (pic attached) and a Surf PI and I'd like to know if there are any less accessibile spots on the Potomac that might have some CW relics. I keep my boat at Fort Belvoir.

Thanks in advance,
JasonB
Mallows Bay (I think that's the name) is a really neat area. Bunch of WWI wooden transports, never finished, were sunk there. Don't think it's legal to detect there however.

OP
OP
JasonB

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Thanks for the info. I'll try to do a recon from the water this weekend. I'll let you know what I find out. I'm also researching the rules on MDing the water.

JasonB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread