Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to go out and try my new scoop today. It was the first time I've actually went in the surf. The waves make it kind of hard to stay with a target. I missed the only good signal I hit on, and couldn't find it again. I had a crab pinch my foot too. If it hadn't of startled me so bad, I'd have used the scoop and had his butt for dinner.

A guy there with his kid asked me to help look for a dental plate. He offered a hundred bucks if I found it, but no luck. I wouldn't have taken his money anyway. I will probably try again tomorrow. I sure wish I'd get one of those calm days to work with. Oh well, I always have low tide on the weekend to look forward to.

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What beach are you hunting?

That Tiger Shark will keep you digging. Have you put the neo magnets in your scoop yet?

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.I.B. said:
What beach are you hunting?

That Tiger Shark will keep you digging. Have you put the neo magnets in your scoop yet?

No, I haven't added magnets yet. What are the benefits? I'm hunting in Ft. Walton Beach/Navarre/Pensacola.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't keep that dental plate if you find it, I bet it won't fit :laughing9: Sounds like you are still having some fun out there, good luck on tomorrrows hunt

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right after seeing the movie jaws we went to daytona........i was in about waist deep when something grabbed my heel, i was out of the water in record time and tried to play it off as if i wasn't a scared tourist. :laughing9:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
excal said:
what is a neo magnet? where can i find them?

The "neo" in "neo magnet" is short for neodymium, a chemical element. Neo magnets are magnets made of an alloy of neodymium, iron, and boron. For this reason, they are also known as NIB or Nd-Fe-B magnets. You can find them in most hardware and home improvement stores in the tool section. I hope this helps.

excal

Sep 15, 2009
w.p.b FL.
Detector(s) used
excaliber II
mumzsie do you have any pics of the neo mag in a scoop so i can get an idea of it? and do they really help?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread