Labor Day weekend bonanza

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fresh water beach, but a beach is a beach.
$9.66, two rings and a bracelet.

We have a getaway in north NJ that is bascially seasonal. It has a lake, pools, basketball and volleyball areas next to the beach area, etc. To my knowledge, it has never been MD'd. So one night after everyone was in for the night I put my ACE 250 to work.

In the volleball court I was picking up coins on almost every sweep, whereas the beach gave up only around a dozen or so. I also found a ring in the volleyball sand that I thought was gold. Turned out to be plated junk though. The beach was kinder with a bangle bracelet, nice quality, no markings. The ring was a surprise and alomst got placed in my trash pocket. First look I thought it was a pull tab. Second look said earring so I kept it. After cleaning out all the sand I saw it was a crushed ring. I can't find any markings so I don't know the metal content. Nicely made though. If the stones are real, and they do sparkle, there are eight small diamonds and three emeralds. Two more emeralds are missing including the larger center one.

Attachments

• P1010294.JPG
    P1010294.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 348
  • P1010295.JPG
    P1010295.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 353
  • P1010297.JPG
    P1010297.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 343
  • P1010300.JPG
    P1010300.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, stay on your side of the river :laughing9: Nice finds there, looks like a decent hunt to me :icon_thumleft: Have you had any luck at Wolfe's Pond, or is that off limits? :dontknow:

OP
OP
LMC 620

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wolf's Pond? Sure, been there several times. I did pretty well in the picnic areas most all coins being shallow, not so well in the tot lot. The beach area is hit and miss, doesn't get the same crowds as the other main beaches. All in all, a few bucks in change, all clad, no jewelry to date. Grass areas are pretty trashy but there are coins to be found, most required digging 2" and more.
Wolf's Pond is not off limits, but a NYC permit is required as is the other parks and beaches. And I have been checked several times for the permit, especially early in the season until they started recognizing me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread