If you could design the best beach/water detector, what would you want?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my favorite detectors depending on the locations and the type hunting I want to do. If you could TELL the manufactures what features you want on your detector for the beach and water hunting, what would you want.

I understand most of us would like a beer spigot for that cold one. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be interested in a waterproof DFX or V3.

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage
Minelab Sovereign Elite or GT in a Tesoro Tiger Shark type housing with interchangeable coils. I would also have a switch similar to the black sand switch on the Whites IDX Pro that would expand the discrimination down to accept iron in the discrimination mode with a recognizable distinct low tone for iron. What could be more simple?

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
I have my favorite detectors depending on the locations and the type hunting I want to do. If you could TELL the manufactures what features you want on your detector for the beach and water hunting, what would you want.

I understand most of us would like a beer spigot for that cold one. :laughing7:
Sandman, I already have one on mine :tongue3: :laughing9:

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I'd like something with Ace 250 like display and discrimination and tones, but waterproof and programmed to work in salt water.

Until something like that becomes available I'll stick with the Beachhunter 300 and the minelab excalibur.

Bill

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The excal with a true all metal mode, changeable headphones and coils.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyman said:
Minelab Sovereign Elite or GT in a Tesoro Tiger Shark type housing with interchangeable coils. I would also have a switch similar to the black sand switch on the Whites IDX Pro that would expand the discrimination down to accept iron in the discrimination mode with a recognizable distinct low tone for iron. What could be more simple?

1. The ability to order the 15 inch WOT coil hardwired into an Excal.

2. An easy to install waterproof housing for the Sovereign GT. I much perfer the Sovereign GT in the water, the tones are much richer.......I love the Excal, but it is not the same tones as the Sovereign GT with WOT coil in the water.

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
my dream detector would be a water proof Sovereign GT in the Tiger Shark box.could change head phones and coils and have a "Gold Only" switch! Pluggers strait shaft and a Excal ll 10" coil and a Sun Ray S12 coil!!! what more could you want!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixie Digger said:
my dream detector would be a water proof Sovereign GT in the Tiger Shark box.could change head phones and coils and have a "Gold Only" switch! Pluggers strait shaft and a Excal ll 10" coil and a Sun Ray S12 coil!!! what more could you want!

The 15 inch WOT Coil.............

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
Sandman, How about a detector designed with dual circuits that can switch between PI and VLF modes with a flick of a switch! :sign13:

Then make it ultralight with micro technology so it's no more than 3lbs, interchangeable coils and phones, shockproof if dropped, 80 hr battery life between charges, multiple tone and lights for ID, non-motion pinpoint option, adjustable pitch for each users hearing.............you get the point.

This would allow the use of ONE detector for ALL water hunting situations and it could probably be built.
BUT, I don't think it's in their best interest to produce this as they sell more specialized machines that way! :icon_scratch:

Thanks!

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Here's my wish list:

1. Chest mount to go in the center of my considerable mass.
2. Ten-inch or interchangeable coils.
3. Discrimination (even just iron vs. brass).
4. Rechargeable batteries.
5. Headphones that don't block your Eustachian tubes.
6. Available short shaft for diving.

Chip V.

kered

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
La Coruña
Detector(s) used
Sov XS2aPro/Wot 15, Excalibur 2, Etrac/SEF combo/ Whites Dual Field, F75
chipveres said:
Here's my wish list:

1. Chest mount to go in the center of my considerable mass.
2. Ten-inch or interchangeable coils.
3. Discrimination (even just iron vs. brass).
4. Rechargeable batteries.
5. Headphones that don't block your Eustachian tubes.
6. Available short shaft for diving.

Chip V.

7. Wireless waterproof headphones

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
seahunter mark 2 and sovereign gt were to mate i would like to try their offspring! ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a waterproof --salt water stable disc type machine with good depth ability . -- light wieght would be a plus too. (so it could be used in wet sand beach areas on land --without killing you weight wize)

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Excal half the weight with interchangeable coils and headphones able to pick up tiny gold chains that DO NOT have a charm on them.....I also like the idea of wireless headphones....how about wireless coils too while we're at it...that way you can hip mount without the cord being in the way

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread