Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finder

look at it like this

do u have to pee while hunting??

if yes..........wet suit or dry suit and adult diaper

dry suits are the real deal and u do not need the diver type.......under 400 beans several places

f y i - below

Thanks for checking us out. I am built not all that different from you. I am 215 and around 5’7”. I use the Oneill boost drysuit in a large and it works really well. You can check that suit out here - http://www.waterskis.com/O-Neill-Boost-Drysuit-p/oneill_boost_drysuit.htm. I hope this helps, if you have more questions please let me know how I can help.

Thanks,

more - this a nice one also.

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog/Wetsuits/Drysuits/American_BF2000_Drysuit/index.asp

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waders can fill with water in the surf so you may as well use a wet suit jacket or long john pants. I never liked a dry suit because of the neck seal as I hate the restrictive feeling of being choked. Plus I like to pee. For you dudes that think this is gross, it is better than walking all that way to the john with all your gear. :laughing7:

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SANDMAN

in 2007/2008 i peed alot, but sept 2008 prostrate dr. gave me new shrinking drug............was like the size of grapefruit.............after almost a year..........grape size.............I LIKE IT

4 to 6 hours dry spell

toooo much info. i know........

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Horses for courses, you could take a thin wet suit or membrane dry suit for warm water, or a thick wet suit or neoprene dry suit for cold water. Waders are okay for calm water, but not when it´s stormy. Dry suits have the advantage that even when you´re out of the water they remain warm, wet suits don´t, as the warm water drains out of them, and you can alter the amount of thermal insulation by using thicker or thinner undersuits !! You can also fit PEE VALVES !!

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Waders might fill up with water and it is possibly that could lead to drowning. I wouldn't go too deep in waders. Beside they are kind of bulky but a good place to put your "finds." I suppose.

JRich

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just go home to Ga,An Relic hunt,An do a little (deer) hunting can i still say that. :tongue3: But when i do get the time to water hunt down here in Florida i use a 2 mill wet suit. :laughing7:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was introduced to dry suits while going through aircrew training in the AF. The key to using them was to get them "burbed" good. Otherwise, if you got rolled by a wave, you might get hung upsidedown by the legs and feet filling with the air trapped inside the suit; in addition to it being just aggravating to walk / swim with the thing on.

No matter if you're using a dry suit or waders, always have a sharp sheath knife on you to let out the air if you get up ended and can't get your head back above water.
I'm sure there's someone out there that thinks such a thing cannot happen, but ........do you REALLY want to bet your life on someone else's theory? I'd carry that knife J-U-S-T I-N C-A-S-E. :laughing9:

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Shortstack said:
I'd carry that knife J-U-S-T I-N C-A-S-E. :laughing9:

Or, do what divers do, and learn to roll back up :read2: :thumbsup:

cage228

Jan 3, 2009
Just curious with a wet suit how much floatation protection will you have if your caught in a rip???? 2mil-3mil Many Thx in advance!

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Anything upto 2x7mm=14mm

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
But stinks like hell after a bit. You then HAVE to wash the suit in something that will remove the stench, like soap or fabric softner, which doesn´t do the suit any good in the long term. One of the Instructers I used to employ did it all the time, and washing in cold water after the dive, no matter how long, just didn´t get ring of the stink. Get a hot day, and you wouldn´t want his suit in your truck, or have him upwind of you !!

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
That's not very neighborly of you... Of course you have to wash it out after.

What's worst is having a bad urge to poop in full length wetsuit...

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
ringman said:
That's not very neighborly of you... Of course you have to wash it out after.

What's worst is having a bad urge to poop in full length wetsuit...
Even worse in a dry suit during three hours of deco stop :help:

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
i have been able to freshen up my suits after doing one and two with a good washing and a rag soaked in vanilla extract sealed up in a trash bag. this tip was given to me by a fellow who left two lbs. of menhaden in a cooler for a year. he cleaned the cooler with soap and water. put in a rag soaked in vanikka :thumbsup:extract and it smelled pretty after a week! try it.

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use and have all three. All have drawbacks and all have advantages.

The thing I dislike about wet suits is unless you have a heated RV you will always put it on and take it off in whatever weather is happening. Rain, snow, cold, hot, etc. You can get some of the really soft stretchy kind that aren't much harder to put on than a pair of jeans.

The dry suit, for diving, is not fun to get into or get out of. It's a little tough. If you don't buy front entry you have to have somebody along to zip the two zippers in the back shut. Then somebody has to unzip you to get out. Smart Wool for the first layer then polar fleece after that and you can adjust the amount needed to stay warm depending on the weather.

Waders are fine in calm areas and are the most comfortable, if you are using the breathable Hodgmans or something like them. The neoprene waders are just like wetsuit bottoms for the most part.

All three have the same problem with human waste material. In an emegency, I would warm my wet suit. Had a guy I dove with all the time who had medical problems and always warmed his wetsuit. He had no choice. Nobody rode with him on the way home and he immediately got into a shower. Then he cleaned the suit. No matter. I wouldn't want to crawl into it.

The major advantage to the wet or dry suit is it extends your season a whole lot. Jim

SouthArk

Mar 23, 2005
South-Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Detector Pro Pirate, Troy Shadow X-5, Fisher F75
Well, I certainly do not feel all warm and fuzzy after reading these experience! :o I think I'll just stick to wading these Arkansas streams at the old swimmin holes...... it's a lot easier to just wade a bit deeper and let the warm feeling be swept down stream! :hello2:

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Getting into a wet suit when it´s frozen solid and waiting for the ice to thaw so you warm up abit is fun too, a regular occurance in European winters LOL

bigbcbear

Greenie
Jan 31, 2004
Delta BC
I have to say I like my dry suit , diver preference. If you use waders please use drivers ankle weights ans at least 1 belt and a pfd . the reason for this if your working deeper water and loose your balance, all the air in the waters will end up at your feet. The weights will keep your feet pointed down . And the reason for the pfd is if you loose your balance the pfd will keep your head from being under water , while you get your footing . There has been many deaths of sports fishermen in British Columbia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions