Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a different beach today, hunted the wet, waters edge, shallow and waist high waters only.. First ring I hit was a 14kt white gold band... then got a funny signal sound, different then the gold sound.. dug it.. and whamo, plat. wedding band.. these are photos before I clean and shine em up.. Oh the 14k the weight is 4.0 grams the Plat is 6.0 grams.. I am so very syked.

Again, thanks to Brian ( surfdigger) for all his help.. I am super enjoying my excall 2.

Attachments

• 2ringer.JPG
    2ringer.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 547
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ringman, its been a long haul for me..and finally I found a machine I like and does what i want it to do... I cant believe I didnt get a excall years ago.. better late then never.. plus I proved something to myself, I can do it....wohooo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Bootybay nice rings :icon_thumright:,

MT is correct, some bottlecaps, especially some of the corroded ones sound good, even with you do the wiggle. Dig all tone that sound off N-S, E-W,,,

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Rae! :hello2: Brian is one of the top knowledgeable beach "nuts" er ah, I mean detectorist in our area. I know I learned a lot from another one that you might have met and owe my initial substained interest in detecting to him (Bernie).

Ah, heavy gold chain in your future! :thumbsup:

Don

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See Rae, I told you that "luck" would come soon. Keep reading that book and more will come your way. :read2: :read2: :read2:

Sandman

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig up all the signals..just to be on the safe side, infact like you all said, I swore it was a nickle sound and I got a super rusted crusty bottle cap..but thats ok.. I am loving this machine.. and enjoying all the times out hunting, thats the most important thing, have fun and enjoy..

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the nice rings Bootybay!!! :hello2:
Glad you are enjoying your new Excal II. I just
got mine a few weeks ago and was wondering
why I didn't get one a long time ago also.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig all signals now. During the summer I found a beautiful white gold diamond ring. At first it didn't even sound off in disc mode. I decided to dig it because I hadn't dug much that day. What a surprise.

Also gold chains sometimes sound like bottle caps, they give you that broken sound.

Take it from me. I've learned to dig everything. It turns out to be a lot more profitable.

Congrats on all the nice finds the past few days. Maybe all of us Floridians need to fly up your way ;D

HH and hope to see more.

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mumzie, its been one long hard road, but now I am loving it.. it just took me getting the right machine and I been loving it ever since..

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Rae listen to those ex cal guys MT and Treasure Hunter some of the best out there

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting