Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't want to High jack Mumszie's post

so I will start a new one jump in with your opinions I would like to hear them...

willie d said:
It's not you Mumszie. You can definitely tell that summer is over, despite the temperature. I'm hoping the snowbirds bring their goodies with them this year.

Willie Pete & I were just talking about that today along with the colder weather I think it shrinks fingers and the hunters that don't have wet suits stay out of the water,

I haven't figured out yet wheather the summer or winter is better have you??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Didn't want to High jack Mumszie's post

yeah I bought a 6 mil farmer john one, the top is 6 mil and the bottom is 6 mil together 12 mil usually too hot so I either wear just the bottom or top.

Ebay is the best deal on them. I paid $40.00 and it was almost brand new a couple years ago

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've never wore a 6 x 6 do you have a lot of restriction.

LOL No because I cant wear them together too hot !!!! But the price was right on them

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away

You guys gotta come to Hawaii!!! Our extreme winters see temperatures plunge into the mid-seventies with a wind chill factor in the sixties. The water is pretty cold too, until the sun comes out. I'll post some pictures in mid-January to show you how bad it gets. :tongue3:

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2

LOL, come to Europe, we go and break ICE in the sea water to get at goodies in extreme winters. Now that´s cold detecting.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Boy, this thread was a good idea! And Bill I never have a problem with anyone hijacking my threads. Feel free!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MT Pockets said:
I have to open the zipper of my shorty to let some cool water in..

Are you sure thats to let water in or is it to let "water out"....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a farmer john 3 mil (shortie top is long sleeve), 6mil when worn together and a shortie (short sleeve) 3 mil as well. Also have long sleeve rash guard shirt to go with it...I'm ready for winter hunting. :icon_thumright:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

:crybaby2: What a bunch of babies :laughing7: What the water temp drops from 86 to 75 degrees in the "winter". :laughing9: Kidding, I know how your blood gets thick on the west coast of Fla. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
Also have long sleeve rash guard shirt to go with it...I'm ready for winter hunting. :icon_thumright:

Darn it I thought you and MT hunted the dry in the winter ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dave when you get my age your blood will be thin & worn out also

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2

You lot still have blood ?? One advantage of Florida as opposed to Europe I suppose :dontknow:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X

rayredditch said:
LOL, come to Europe, we go and break ICE in the sea water to get at goodies in extreme winters. Now that´s cold detecting.
No, that is nuts although I do remember in my younger days in Mass doing SCUBA under skim ice BUT NOT ANYMORE! 5 & 7 mil farmer john 4 me :icon_thumright:

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used

Hey, enjoy it LOL
And this was a warm winter.

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS

Wet suit or not you are going to take a beating by the surf in the winter on the east coast of Florida. The waves were 2-3 feet today red flag day ...... not even the life guards went in.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FloridaBill said:
so I will start a new one jump in with your opinions I would like to hear them...

willie d said:
It's not you Mumszie. You can definitely tell that summer is over, despite the temperature. I'm hoping the snowbirds bring their goodies with them this year.

Willie Pete & I were just talking about that today along with the colder weather I think it shrinks fingers and the hunters that don't have wet suits stay out of the water,

I haven't figured out yet wheather the summer or winter is better have you??
I seem to do better in the summer.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used

Late Autumn (Fall) is better, not so many people, and the rings are starting to get knocked up as the storms and tides start to take hold.

SouthArk

Mar 23, 2005
South-Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Detector Pro Pirate, Troy Shadow X-5, Fisher F75

Y'alls water hunting is a lot different than ours. My hunting partner and I wade the creeks and streams here in south Arkansas. We hunt the old country swimming holes, and the old Civil War crossings of these streams. Neither of us use the dry suits you folks are talking about, but we don't hunt in winter that much. It's not necessarily the cold weather that puts a halt to us...... it's the amount of rain we seem to get in the fall, winter and spring. The streams just hold too much water in them during this time of the year. But we hunt our Civil War camps and skirmish sites during these months...... it's cooler and the humidity doesn't melt you into the earth like it does in the summer.

However, as soon as the water level drops in the rivers, it's back to the water. It's so much cooler...... wading around with the detector...... finding coins, jewelry, and civil war relics...... a real nice diversion from the heat and humidity of the summers here. Thank you Detector Pro! ...... for allowing this form of detecting for us!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions