Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
The last five to six weeks have been one of patience and learning, the ladder referring to my Tesoro Bandito. I sent it in when a tuber broke the foot of the shaft. Since I have had it for about 12 years I asked for an all around tune up. I received her back in less than 2 weeks and was anxious to get in the river. Everything was good for the first 30 to 45 minutes. Then chattering, it got worse, just holding in the air swinging back and forth it was going nuts! I sent her back again. This time a note saying I would purchase a new coil if necessary.

In the mean time I have used my Bounty Hunter 505. My wife purchased this for me a few years ago. Since there was nothing wrong with my Bandito, I didn’t really use it. My CZ7 needs a new coil. I wore it out swinging it for ten years. Anyone know where I can get a new coil? Faced with the fear that I wouldn’t be hunting during down time I dusted off the Bounty Hunter. I went to the river to try her out. First I experimented with a garden on the ground. You know the usual, pull tab, square tab, etc. I learned from the manual that you could hold down the disc button and turn your disc knob to accept/ reject items. I always hunt in just about all metal anyway so, I put the disc low. Nails were gone but foil was still heard. I searched the immediate area by the river’s edge and all items were identified correctly by the Bounty Hunter. I was, to say the least, impressed! The day went as usual, trash and one stinking titanium ring. My next weekend outing was a replica of the week before. The following week I went to a few lake beaches and tot lots.No pics of beaches.(forgot camera) The first lake beach produced the nitro ring with the pink stone. Disappointment set in when I saw the copper under the flaking chrome. I received no other hits except a few zincs that I threw up on the walk way for the kids. I noticed the grass was growing up in the sand area up above the beach line. So I decided to check that out. This is where I got the little chain and pendant. It too was junk. Off to another beach and found nothing there either. No junk, no zincs, no nothing. So I went to the tot lots and here I found some change and some more junk rings. The only one that turned out good was the Nike ring by the swings. This was the first piece of real jewelry for the Bounty Hunter. Here again all the zinc pennies I find I leave on the swing seats. As I drove home from my outing with the Bounty Hunter I had a new found respect for this detector and its abilities. Soon I will do some dirt digging with it in an old yard to check out its depth capabilities. I think I will bring my Bandito and do some comparisons with depth. All the junk jewelry could have well been real jewelry because the Nike ring was down at about 5” of the wood chips. It came in quite clear, of course silver always does.

Thanks for reading, hh

Detectahead

Attachments

• SDC10185.JPG
    SDC10185.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 391
  • SDC10188.JPG
    SDC10188.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 402
  • SDC10189.JPG
    SDC10189.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 402
  • SDC10190.JPG
    SDC10190.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 404
  • SDC10191.JPG
    SDC10191.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 400
  • SDC10192.JPG
    SDC10192.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 402
  • SDC10277.JPG
    SDC10277.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing wrong with bountyhunters!!!! people that put them down irk me. >:( i can have just as much fun with my 3300 as i can with my f75......the 3300 is actually the "fun" one!!!! its easier to use and gets very good depth. i even used it to brace my fall once when going down a hill into some woods and it did not fall apart like some would have you think.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing I've learned over the past couple of years regarding metal detecting; it depends a lot on the experience of the person holding the detector. One can have a $4000 machine and not find anything and another can have an $80 machine and be raking up the place. Most of the machines by the name brand manufactures are good.

I was at Clearwater Beach a few weeks ago and met a gentleman with an older Stingray. If I remember right he said that he has had his machine for 12 years. He had a bag full of goodies, I with my newer Excal had maybe 15 cents. He was hunting the towel line, I was hunting in the water. He was smart enough, through experience, to know the towel line was the best to hunt for the conditions of that day.

HH

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job when I found my gold Nike ring I thought who would spend money on a gold Nike ring? Two people I guess ;D

Picture017.jpg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
todays bounty hunters like the 505 aren't toys or junk like some folks think by mistake -- they can hold there own in many cases and are still very affordible --so most people can afford one of em.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
my very first detector was a 505 and I loved it......first hunt with found a wheat on the first swing.......lot of firsts with that machine....first wheat, first siver (merc)...can't remember what all i found.....wish i still had it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread