Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the Excal has no battery strength meter or signal, you need to play it by ear and keep it charged or just charge it up before you go play. It helps to buy a large NIMH battery pod for the Excal when you can as it is the best investment for it besides a WOT coil if you beach hunt. Many times Excals can act squirrelly inside the home.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recharge mine the night before I go. I don't pay any attention to how long it ran the last time I used it. Just my way..

I highly recommend you get the AA battery pack as a back up. Unless your diving it is a great back up to the battery pack. I never go hunting anywhere with out my back up battery pack.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
If I don't charge my excal real good the battery dies within 2 hours. Put it on charge the night before or like they said get a back up. I am not real happy with their batteries. I take my etrack just in case and have had to go back to the truck to get it as a backup. The next excal needs a power reading of some sort, but great machines other than that.

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
That is one thing about the excal that drives me crazy... A 1400.00 metal detector without a battery check :icon_scratch:

Yeah, You need to get an extra AA pack to have on standby so you don't get stranded without power. >:(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I charge my battery over night the night before it will last about 12hours or little longer. I always carry the AA battery pack with me and usually have "24 spare AA batteries in my "Metal Detecting Toolbox". The toolbox is like my scoop and detector, I never go detecting without it.

Toolbox contains, velcro ties, AA, AAA, and watch batteries for my head lamp, tie wraps, allen wrenches. screw drivers, needle nose plyers, silcone grease, spare headlamp, snorkle googles, spare knobs, spare allen set screws, spare rubber washers and nylon bolts for coils, Ibuprofin, Imodium A-D. I am sure there are some other things in it, just can't think of them at the moment.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I have a Sun-Ray SR-12 charger that has a light 2 let U know when it is fully charged. It also has a button 2 discharge the battery & then automaticially re charge to prevent getting a memory. With the new Excal 2 batterys there is no worry about a memory but the light is nice red 2 green :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
thanks everyone! I will just recharge then. I've been trying to keep track of my hours on the batter...but my memory just isn't that good anymore! lol

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recharge mine the night before, I have never ran the battery out, and I have been on some 10hr hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread