Good day, very BAD DAY

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well the day started out great! EmeraldEyes and I went down to CWB this morning feeling on top of the world. I walked onto the sand and found a little bit of change right away. EmeraldEyes found an earring and some change. Not bad, not bad at all. Then I found an earring "peace" almost looks like it could go with the "peace" pendant I found the other day. It's junk but still pretty.

Earring092709.jpg

I went around the guard tower and - what's this I see in the sand?????

Twenty dollar bill! WOW

Twenty092709.jpg

Twenty0927092.jpg

MoneynJunk092709.jpg

We were almost to pier 60 in front of the Hilton Hotel. I saw several other MD'ers out and walked over to say hello to Gene who then told me his wife was hunting also only for the second time so I walked over to introduce myself and say hello to her. As I was talking to her I looked up and......... my daughter was lying in the sand face down. I ran over to her and she was unresponsive but one eye was open but rolled back in her head. The other was caked full of sand. A passer by called 911 on her cell phone and the beach rescue was out there very quickly. An ambulance was called and my daughter was transported to the hospital. Meanwhile I had all my equipment plus hers to try to get back to my car which of course was not nearby. One of the hotel employees suggested that I go with him to the hotel and they would keep my equipment at the valet station while I went and got my car. I was a little afraid to leave it because there is so much money tied up in it but he assured me that they would watch over it for me. So I took him up on his offer. I put the equipment by there desk and started to walk away and quickly remembered that the key to my car was tied onto my detector. Thank heavens I remembered it then and not when I had walked back to my car! I have a hard time walking on dry land. That would have been awful. Anyway I remembered. As I was walking back to my car, worried but ever looking, I spied a necklace lying near the curb. It looked like part of it had been run over and it was broken so I can't tell what part of it is but it is clear that it is junk. Oh well the hunting part of the day was good.

Necklace092709.jpg

Well, they've done several tests on EmeraldEyes and her BP is so high that they are concerned about a stroke so they are keeping her in the hospital for observation at least over night. Hopefully they will be able to figure what the problem is. She is ok and is being given good care. So gng's that was our day.

I have one other thing to say. All of the people that stopped to help were wonderful. The employees of the Hilton were absolutely wonderful and I will be writing a commendation letter to the head of the Hilton.

Upvote 0

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie - We wish the best for you and your daughter and pray that she gets well soon.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gosh Mumszie, what a trooper. Going through all of that and still posting your finds! You're as bad as all the golfer jokes I hear! But seriously, keep us informed and let us know how our daughter is doing. Hope she fully recovers soon. Monty

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh my heart goes out to you how scary that whole thing must of been. I probably would of lost it. I hope all turns out well and you guys are in my prayers.

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Mumszie!
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's experience. I'll keep you both in my prayers and thoughts.
Remember to take good care of yourself - sometimes a Mom forgets to do that!
Ruth

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Mumzie!! I'm glad your daughter is ok. Hope they figure out soon what was wrong. Are you OK! as a mom myself, I would have been beside myself! Keep us informed on how you all are doing. did she handle the 20? could it have been something on it? that is a scary thought.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My god you must be on pins and needles waiting for the test results.. Did the doctor say why she cant metal detect anymore? lordy..please keep us posted..

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie I was just told about this ( thank-you Rae ) I am sending my prayers for a full and speedy recovery, PLEASE do keep us informed!

And up till then looks like a great day on your finds! All are great love the neclace and the 20$

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and good vibes from Central Ohio :icon_thumright:

Acevilla-v

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard from Mumzie at all?? am concerned ..any florida hunters that keep in touch with her?

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Hi Mumzie, how´s your daughter ? I hope everything is going okay and she´s out of the danger zone and recovering well now.
HH Ray

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzie, please update.

I was thinking about your daughter and am no doctor, but do know that if you don't get enough potassium in your diet you will have high blood pressure. Also I am sure they tested her for diabetes but the way she collapsed sounds like something to do with blood sugar. Whether its low blood sugar or too much. Maybe she didn't eat that morning or had way to much sugar, energy drink or something.

I am sure she will still be able to detect once she is all better. She just needs to pace herself better. Tell her we are all thinking about her at TN.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread