Good day, very BAD DAY

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well the day started out great! EmeraldEyes and I went down to CWB this morning feeling on top of the world. I walked onto the sand and found a little bit of change right away. EmeraldEyes found an earring and some change. Not bad, not bad at all. Then I found an earring "peace" almost looks like it could go with the "peace" pendant I found the other day. It's junk but still pretty.

Earring092709.jpg

I went around the guard tower and - what's this I see in the sand?????

Twenty dollar bill! WOW

Twenty092709.jpg

Twenty0927092.jpg

MoneynJunk092709.jpg

We were almost to pier 60 in front of the Hilton Hotel. I saw several other MD'ers out and walked over to say hello to Gene who then told me his wife was hunting also only for the second time so I walked over to introduce myself and say hello to her. As I was talking to her I looked up and......... my daughter was lying in the sand face down. I ran over to her and she was unresponsive but one eye was open but rolled back in her head. The other was caked full of sand. A passer by called 911 on her cell phone and the beach rescue was out there very quickly. An ambulance was called and my daughter was transported to the hospital. Meanwhile I had all my equipment plus hers to try to get back to my car which of course was not nearby. One of the hotel employees suggested that I go with him to the hotel and they would keep my equipment at the valet station while I went and got my car. I was a little afraid to leave it because there is so much money tied up in it but he assured me that they would watch over it for me. So I took him up on his offer. I put the equipment by there desk and started to walk away and quickly remembered that the key to my car was tied onto my detector. Thank heavens I remembered it then and not when I had walked back to my car! I have a hard time walking on dry land. That would have been awful. Anyway I remembered. As I was walking back to my car, worried but ever looking, I spied a necklace lying near the curb. It looked like part of it had been run over and it was broken so I can't tell what part of it is but it is clear that it is junk. Oh well the hunting part of the day was good.

Necklace092709.jpg

Well, they've done several tests on EmeraldEyes and her BP is so high that they are concerned about a stroke so they are keeping her in the hospital for observation at least over night. Hopefully they will be able to figure what the problem is. She is ok and is being given good care. So gng's that was our day.

I have one other thing to say. All of the people that stopped to help were wonderful. The employees of the Hilton were absolutely wonderful and I will be writing a commendation letter to the head of the Hilton.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very glad that your daughter is going to be ok. Keep us informed please.

Ya gotta keep your eyes open for those loose dollars laying around. I find them in the water too.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. It sounds like a scary situation. I hope she continues to improve.

Hopefully she is out hunting with you soon.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
lord have mercy -- I hope all is well --that is indeed scary , falling out is not good --might be dehydo (heat stroke)-- its awful hot still -- I had heat stroke on a ship once long ago while working in a super hot galley all day long in the tropics --not pretty -- nice finds by the way -- glad you found helpful folks .

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, I see you found my Lost, $ 20.00 Dollar Bill. can you send it back to me ? . Coin Finder. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Mumszie, I am new on the post but still wish you and yours wellness. Scary story :o

...On the lighter side, I love the part when you say I was scared but still looking, then you find the necklace,
A true treasure hunter.

God Bless you.

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
I was horrified to hear about your excursion today and what happened to your daughter. I hope she will be up and out hunting again real soon.

Bet that was a long ride home for you today!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW....hope emerald eyes is doing better and that the docters will find out exactly what went wrong!!!!! make sure you keep us updated.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Oh my goodness Mumszie!!! Well our prayers go out to your daughters quick recovery. She wasn't grasping a 2 carat diamond in her hand was she, cause the day I do they'll probably find me in that same position... (Just trying to add some laughter mums.) And here you are trying to get to your car and your still eyeballing necklaces... Now that's a true TH'er. God bless, and keep us posted.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good grief Mumzie, I hope your daughter will be aok.. glad they are keeping her.. Keep us posted please.. thought and prayers to you both.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Best Wishes to your daughter, Mumszie.

Scary situation, especially for a mom to see her daughter like that. I'm hoping everything turns out good and she is back out there finding diamond rings with you real soon.

HH Joe

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well no news is good news or so they say. So far they won't tell us anything about any of the results of any of the tests. The doctor told her this morning that she can't MD any more that she needs to get a different hobby. I had already told my husband that I wasn't taking her with me anymore. That scared me half to death and if I had been in the water I wouldn't have seen any of it at all. Thank heavens I was near her when it happened! I am really tired and going to bed. I just got back from my third trip down to Clearwater. Hopefully I will have some better news tomorrow. Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers.

Wanda

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
that must have been so scary for you Mumszie. Better that she knows what is wrong so she can be treated. Good finds too.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The doctor told her this morning that she can't MD any more that she needs to get a different hobby."
what? walking,swinging and scooping and relaxing by doing something you enjoy is not good for her???? does he mean permanently or just until she gets better? sounds goofy to me but i guess he knows something i don't? :dontknow:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing her a speedy recovery.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been scary prayers are with her hope she gets well quick...

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish your daughter a speedy and complete recovery.
Can't believe the Dr. said for her to get another hobbie.
Best wishes to you and yours. Gold Nuggets :hello:

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Can´t see a reason for her to need to get another hobby unless she has something like a pace maker fitted where the MD just MIGHT interfere with it !! Otherwise I would have though he would just say she can´t go ALONE or wander more than about 20 yards away from someone else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread