Urban myth, bad day, fame day

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Urban myth - I do not believe that there is any gold, silver, rings or jewelry of any kind IN the water at Clearwater beach. I think anything that is dropped there is swallowed by fish and carried off to a far away place! LOL Wellllllllll I went down this morning and I found 1 quarter and 1 penny, a pull tab and two bottle caps. IN the water. I did manage to find a pair of earrings up on dry sand before I left for the day.

MoneynJunk100709.jpg

Bad Day - I got a call on my cell phone as I was going home. My grandson collapsed at work and was taken to the ER. He is the son of my daughter who collapsed on the beach a few days ago. The only thing I know at the moment is that they said that he had a seizure and he is being admitted to the hospital for a neurologist to do some tests. I don't know anything else at this time.

Last but not least......

Fame - I finally got my minute and a half of fame. I am on the front page of the Hernano Today newspaper. As usual the story is not correct. I did not find a gold and ruby watch. It was a ring I found and that was returned to the owner who was standing by waiting for me to find it! Ah well... such is fame.

NewsStoryHalfsize.jpg

:wink:

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with your myth since I have seen no gold lately in the water where I live either

Sorry to hear about your grandson, dang...it has to be related to your daughter, hope they find and fix it soon

congrats on the fame..just like every celeb, only about 1/10 of the story is ever true

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I wonder how many calls you are gonna get saying they lost a gold and ruby watch, lol.

I hope everything turns out good for your grandson, maybe if they find out why he had a seizure they can help your daughter too. Tell him we all said to get well soon,

HH Charlie

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Geeze Mumzie! I think I'd be watching what is being eaten by your family! 2 collapsed? that is scary. I hope you are doing ok. I would be a nutcase if it was my kids! you are in my thoughts & prayers.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear about the grandsonmums hope he gets better very soon.

a gold an ruby watch huh , wow an I thought we was all friends here Mums you been holding out on us an not postin the good stuf huh lol.I'm sorry I had to laugh we are not like best buddies but I think I know you enough threw here to know fish hooks are not on your most treasured items list lol . wow darlin this reporter was off a bit wasnt he, atleast we get a great pic of you in action :icon_thumleft: lol nobody ever said fame had to be accurate lol

PS if you gold gold eating fish down there damn it keep em out my fresh water out here cause their eatin my gold an silver to lol

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Mumszie,Prayers and best wishes for your daughter and grandson.
Hope they find the problem.Could be a common link,like something
in the food or air at home.As for the news article,they seldom get
the story right.Makes you wonder.And as for the gold,there is
plenty there at your beach,just too far down to detect it.I think
we would all be amazed if we could see all the gold under the
sand at all of our beaches.Just have to be able to get to it.
Good luck on the hunting,and good health to the family.HH Joe

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on making the front page Mumzie, if anyone deserves it. you do.. keeping you and your family in my prayers.. Hope alls well with your grandson.. keep us posted please..

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what no trained by Ivan --- how to find the gold sweet spot on the detectors disc setting --"credit props" ;D ---
sorry to hear of the grandson falling out too -- it might be something genetic -- have they been checked out for epilepsy ?

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope he will be alright keep us posted...

Well on a serious note you are one of the most respected MDer's that I know of and very dedicated to the hobby, always willing to help anyone always putting your time in always in a pleasant mood no matter what the finds are or what else is happening in your life. You have painted a wonderful picture to folks about our hobby and I am sure will continue.

My hat is off to you Mumazie.

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Mumszie,

You are a wonderful lady! My prayers for you and your family and the Dr's. Keep going lady there is gold waiting for you. At the rate you are going I know you will find gold before I do!!!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
savant365 said:
I wonder how many calls you are gonna get saying they lost a gold and ruby watch, lol.

Funny thing! I did get a call or rather an email. From an old friend that I had lost contact with. She saw the picture in the paper and contacted me. We lost contact when I retired and I haven't heard from her in years. How about that!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your G-son, Mumszie, hope
the Drs can find what the problem is and fix-it!!
Your 15 minutes of fame seemed to get all screwed up
in the paper write-up but your picture looks good!!! :icon_thumleft:
Oh and BTW.....beware of strangers bearing gifts.....
they like to take advantage of the treasure hunters.
Good luck on your next hunt. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
see mums finding your long lost friend :icon_sunny: good karma comeing back at you , god knows you deserve alot of the good karma .

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mumszie,

Oh man, when it rains ...it pours. I'm so sorry to hear of more collapsing problems in your family with your grandson. He and your daughter for sure have got my prayers.

Pretty neat article on you. I had a reporter take my photo back a few years ago but it never made the papers... I guess we had enough news.

You know, finding a PAIR of earrings is darn good...Congrats for that. :hello2:

HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread