A REAL short hunt!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
My daughter wanted to go hunting today. First time since she collasped a while back. So I said yes but we would stay close to home just in case. Well we got there and it seemed everything was going well so I went off into the water. Ten minutes later I looked up to see where she was and she was sitting down so I went back in. She said she just wasn't feeling right but would sit there and watch me. I said no way ... we were going home. I ended up with 1 quarter, 1 nickel (both found in the same hole) and would you believe that my very first hit was a fish hook!

MoneynJunk101109.jpg

My daughter is ok but really just isn't going to be able to hunt. :(

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear she still isnt up to pare mums, how is your grandson doing ?hopefully it will just be a matter of a lil time to heal an they both will be feeling good as new .

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Tank69 said:
sorry to hear she still isnt up to pare mums, how is your grandson doing ?hopefully it will just be a matter of a lil time to heal an they both will be feeling good as new .

Well they wanted to do some more tests on him as per the cardiologist and he was scheduled for them. About ten minutes later a lady from the office downstairs came and told him that he owes 12,000.00 and how was he going to pay for it. He told them that he just started work the Monday before and so far had no money or insurance. She left and ten minutes after that.... they discharged him. No money, no insurance..... no tests and no hospital. He "seems" ok but we don't know what caused all this for my daughter or him. That is where we stand. No where.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well Mumzie, I wish the best for you and your family.
What you came up against today is healthcare for profit. I hope your grandson and your daughter get well, I really mean that. You're in my prayers.

This is why everyone should have healthcare, at all of our expense.

I apologize for getting off topic.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool that at least you got out for a few minutes to hunt.

Stinks that your daughter and grandson still aren't feeling well.

It really sucks how some of the hospitals are. If you are from here and you don't have the money at the moment (or insurance) that could mean no service...

A few years ago my wife took my son up to visit my mother in Alabama. The baby wasn't feeling well so she took him to the doctor. The doctor sent them home with a jar for a sample. The instructions were to get a sample and take it to the lab as soon as possible. That same day they dropped off the sample for the test, in which was a simple test to check for bacteria and nothing else. The bill came in the mail a few days later for (drum roll) $2,800.00. I was up there by then and went to the hospital to find out why so much. I was told to just sign it (that I shouldn't worry about it) and they would take care of the rest, another words send it to the government or whoever to make them pay. I refused to sign and told them I was calling someone to investigate this. Later that day we received a phone call with the revised amount, explaining it had been an error on their part, new price around $120....BS!!!!

OH, and HH, sorry for rambling....

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mumszie,

I think it's a good idea for your daughter to at least try. It didn't work out this time but with time she might feel better too.

Health care is a whole topic and a half!

Billing Practices - Inefficiencies - Fraud ..... Sucks Big Time!

HH Joe

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzie, I did try to find some gold but all I got was a small silver bracelet and 12 cents on Saturday morning. I worked the water chest deep at the last beach on the mainland before Ft. Desoto.

Twasn't much for 4 hours.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that you daughter isn't up to par yet.
She just needs some time to build up her strength
and she will be fine. Glad you got out for a short hunt
anyway. BTW.....what's with you and the fish hooks? :dontknow:
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions