Whites beachunter 300 replaced

gottahunt

Greenie
Aug 10, 2007
I was at Virginia Beach last month using my new beachunter 300 and had good luck with it when it was working right. It had a few problems when I tried to go from disc to all metal. When I got back home to Tennessee I called Whites and talked to Todd. He sent me a new detector and from the time I called the detector was at my front door in four days. You can't beat that for service. Whites service department goes the extra step to make things right. The new detector is working real good. I just needed to let everyone know about Whites Electronics.

Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is good but instead of just sending folks new detectors which is fine, why don't they find out why they keep leaking and fix them once and for all. Eventually these machine will be out of warranty and then it doesn't do us much good how there customer service is.

Not to mention that every time all of the folks have to send them back they are costing $25.00 - $30.00 in shipping cost that you never get back.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you are saying Dennis and I don't think anyones intention is to bash any machine. Which ever is your favorite machine that is what you are going to talk about most that is human nature.

But come on already these machines have been leaking for years enough already fix the damn things, find out where they are leaking and fix them instead of throwing them in the garbage and sending out another. I am not talking about one or two here I know several folks that are on 3 and 4 of them. I am on my third I think I am losing count.

One more time and it Ex. Cal. time again enough is enough

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that would be interesting. There are many water machines out there and you never really hear of any of them leaking except this one. It's to bad because it is a awesome machine and I think the lights are a bonus. Plus it's really cool hunting at night with it LOL.

Think about it also the average person takes the machine out of the closet for that 1 week or 2 week vacation. Those of us that are very active and live in Florida and other warm places hunt 365 days a year. I put on over 1000 hours a year on a machine mostly in the water. Thats the real test with these machines. Not some soaking tank of salt water or whatever.

I have always said send those detectors to us you want a real & true test. We will give them a true workout. If they can survive what you, me and the other dedicated waters hunter put one through then that would be a machine.

End of rant...

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaBill said:
Yeah that would be interesting. There are many water machines out there and you never really hear of any of them leaking except this one. It's to bad because it is a awesome machine and I think the lights are a bonus. Plus it's really cool hunting at night with it LOL.

Think about it also the average person takes the machine out of the closet for that 1 week or 2 week vacation. Those of us that are very active and live in Florida and other warm places hunt 365 days a year. I put on over 1000 hours a year on a machine mostly in the water. Thats the real test with these machines. Not some soaking tank of salt water or whatever.

I have always said send those detectors to us you want a real & true test. We will give them a true workout. If they can survive what you, me and the other dedicated waters hunter put one through then that would be a machine.

End of rant...
I agree with you FloridaBill. I've put my machine through just about everything minus the 200 foot test. The deepest that I've had mine was around 70 feet and didn't have one problem (I did see water along the seal of the battery).. I've taken mine on airplanes, road trips, extreme conditions, etc. It takes a licken and keeps on ticken...

I plan on getting a Dual Field this year if I can just save up a few more...

thinkin2

Mar 30, 2007
James Island, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21
I have the Dual Field and it's nice but will work you to death on anything but a squeaky clean beach. In the water near low tide is the only time I'm going to use it. But speaking of leaks, I noticed that there are hundreds of tiny bubbles? around the seams on the coil. I've had it in the water a couple of times and no leaks yet but then I saw the bubbles or at least what look like bubbles. Anybody else noticed these on their coils, either Dual Field or BHID 300? --Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread