txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The water was too rough to get out and play in, so I was forced to stay in the shallow and wet sand. Our little front brought some wind and rain and washed all the nice sand off the beach and left only and inch and then the black stuff. I figured it would be ring heaven with targets everywhere and from an 8hr hunt I dug only about 15 pull tabs, and about 5 bottle caps, but what I did dig was clad clad clad clad, and it is my firm belief that pennies should be banned from the beach! lol I dug not pictured 2 junk earrings, and a bottle opener, assorted weights, and a couple bolts.

I did manage gold, its a virgin mary pendant stamped 14k, its yellow gold on back and half of the front is white gold the other half rose gold. Where oh where did all the rings go, not even a junker :'( :'((they must of washed out with all the pull tabs and bottle caps) and you can tell by the amount of clad I dug, it wasn't for lack of trying. I am so sore I can not move, when my hard headed self(i really was not leaving until i found a ring) finally packed it up I could barely stand up, and I had an hour and half drive home, it was miserable, once I made it in the house and showered I did not move from the couch, until it was time to move to the bed.

Attachments

• md 030.jpg
    md 030.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 877
  • md 027.jpg
    md 027.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 874
  • md.jpg
    md.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 874
Upvote 0

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
That is a lot of clad!Great hunt and I admire your determination and fortitude.WTG!Why don't you guys join us in Uvalde?It's not that far from you.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You remind me of me. I don't know when to stop and over do it most of the time! A lot of hard work but fun I bet. You should take "Daddy" up on his invite. He's a fine gentleman and there are some other nice folks attending also. Monty

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
Great hunting! Thats a killer clad count and you got some gold too! Fine job in my book.

HH
-Jason

juniorb

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
BH 505 Excal II
Awesome....Excalibur II should b arriving Wednesday from Kellyco, can't wait to join in on the wet stuff, have hunted Isla Blanca dry sand to death.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with all that sand being moved i would have done the same!! the rings were all about 5 feet from where you stopped, there was a huge pocket of them. :tongue3:

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeker41 said:
with all that sand being moved i would have done the same!! the rings were all about 5 feet from where you stopped, there was a huge pocket of them. :tongue3:

I can believe that.

and yeah I would love to make it over to Uvalde one day, right now I have been in Corpus the last couple of days with my husband and his father. His dad is in ICU, has cancer and we are just waiting for him to let go, so I will probably be out of pocket for a little while, they figure it will be any day now.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
txkickergirl said:
seeker41 said:

I can believe that.

and yeah I would love to make it over to Uvalde one day, right now I have been in Corpus the last couple of days with my husband and his father. His dad is in ICU, has cancer and we are just waiting for him to let go, so I will probably be out of pocket for a little while, they figure it will be any day now.
We will miss you in uvalde.God Bless and prayers for you and family at this time.

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
The rings will catch up with you with the good karma you earned digging all that clad. Law of averages. You'll probably have a 3-ring day sometime soon. :thumbsup:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prayers said for your husbands father and his family.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I am so sorry to hear about your father in law. I guess I am not the only one with family problems. I will pray for him and hope things start looking up for you soon. Still.... having said all that..... impressive amount of clad! WTG

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone, we have been hit kinda hard lately with family members and cancer. My brother Joe's wife's father just died last week of cancer. My dad is starting to show a few signs but thank God he is still doing okay for now, and my husbands dad well, the family knows its hours/days before he passes and are making arrangements today. We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and even though we are going through some sad times, we are truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
............Txkickergirl.......that is a lot of coins and other good targets for just an 8 hour hunt reminds me of the days before discriminations and coins....mostly silver was everywhere......when the first discriminators became available.....coins were popping out everywhere......many days I found a lot of coins like you did except they were mainly silver......been beach hunting for at least 23 years and never had a coin day like you had......but have had gold/silver ring days of 4.................HH......Joe

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe(TX) said:
............Txkickergirl.......that is a lot of coins and other good targets for just an 8 hour hunt reminds me of the days before discriminations and coins....mostly silver was everywhere......when the first discriminators became available.....coins were popping out everywhere......many days I found a lot of coins like you did except they were mainly silver......been beach hunting for at least 23 years and never had a coin day like you had......but have had gold/silver ring days of 4.................HH......Joe

it was pretty common for there to be more than one coin in the basket, but yeah that was a lot of coins i kept at it only because the rings had to be there somewhere but probably under all the blasted coins and I couldn't move an inch with out hitting another coin. It was exhausting!!!!!!and honestly by the end of the hunt I was praying for anything anything else at all even a pull tab, just not another yucky penny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread