Florida East Coast Beaches...Where is legal or not legal

JKPK1

Sep 27, 2009
Florida
I spent some time reading posts last night here on TN.com.

I find out the city of Rivera Beach is posted and not allowed by a city ordinance.

Where else is legally off limits. I'm not talking about going into the water, rather just general beach detecting.

Anywhere in Dade.

Anywhere in Broward

Anywhere in Palm Beach

Anywhere in Martin

Anywhere in St Lucie

Anywhere in Indian River

Anywhere in Brevard

Any others north of Brevard

Thanks
PK

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99.9% of the East coast beaches are legal. Even the treasure coast is legal as long as you stay out of the water and hunt low mean tide line to toe of dunes.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know anything about the East Coast. I am inland and I hunt any swimming area that I can in the summer.....Matt

Digthis2

Feb 8, 2008
I know Canaveral National Seashore beaches are off limits, think that Timucuan Preserve near Jacksonville is too (National park service areas) :

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digthis2 said:
I know Canaveral National Seashore beaches are off limits, think that Timucuan Preserve near Jacksonville is too (National park service areas) :

All National Park areas are off limits, still the total area of beaches available to hunt would be over 99%. The beaches in Florida are owned by the people, you can hunt in fromt of private homes, hotels, and timeshares, there are very, very few private beaches in Florida. Unless they have a sign that says no metal detecting by statue bla, bla, bla, I hunt...

OP
OP
JKPK1

JKPK1

Sep 27, 2009
Florida
The reason I'm asking is one of hearing Metal Detecting is illegal in Martin County.

Also I was unaware of Rivera Beach also not allowing MD'ing.

As I already mentioned, I'm not talking about entering the water or dunes, or working close to those enjoying their beach day. Just walking and scanning the common beach with some surfers and bathers having fun too.

PK

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you know, the majority of the good jewelry finds in Florida are in the water unless there is beach erosion.

Dry sand has less lost jewelry to begin with, and is pounded hard by hunters with detectors that can't handle the salt minerals, next is wet sand that was under water at high tide, hit hard by hunters with detectors that can handle the salt minerals but controls are not waterproof, then in the water with waterproof detectors.. In the water is hunted least of all, and has the most lost jewelry.

More jewelry lost in water due to combination of fingers shrinking in water, lotion/sunscreen and the water/wave action. Waving your arms back and forth, holding hands and horsing around in the water all contribute to the lost jewelry in water....

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I live in Martin county and have never heard of a problem. The state park south of the inlet, I've hunted there ONLY with the permission of the ranger.

However, Martin County beaches are so NASTY from "renourishment" I seldom hunt here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread