Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Quinceanera - Young Girl's 15th

Still getting the occasional Silver but nothing as great as the previous pre-storm days. Here's my take from a few hunts.

Got a surprise in my scoop with this 10K Quinceanera bracelet piece ( thanks to my lovely wife, Lise for helping me spell it correctly!). It's from the Kinzli Forum that I learned about these with some rings posted there a ways back. In the Hispanic culture there is a celebration of a young girl's 15th birthday. (Hence Quinceanera, "15th celebration")

Not show is about a dozen wheaties from the 40's and 50's all very ugly. The 1945 War Nickel was encased in black gunk and need a half hour soak in hydrochloric acid. The small center piece is from some cheap jewelery but interesting enough for me to keep. It sure gave me a merry chase falling out of the scoop each time. The toe ring is Silver and I'm trying to decide if it's Ring Case worthy.

I Threw back a Merc (I think) accidentally .. but will probably find it again one of these days.

Saw another detectorist yesterday (1st time in about 6 months). He had a PI machine too but was pendulum swinging about 6" above the sand. I waved to him and smiled but he didn't see me (I think). The way he was swinging .... "MY" goodies were safe. :icon_pirat:

HH Joe

Attachments

• 15er 2 sm.jpg
    15er 2 sm.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 487
  • finds 21-23 oct sm.jpg
    finds 21-23 oct sm.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0

Sandpiper

Jan 16, 2005
Re: Quinceanera - Young Girl's 15th

Nice finds, the center piece is a escape wheel for a pocket watch missing of course the steel center staff or post. May be more pieces of the watch around where you found it. All parts or most are made of brass. HH

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Re: Quinceanera - Young Girl's 15th

Sandpiper said:
Nice finds, the center piece is a escape wheel for a pocket watch missing of course the steel center staff or post. May be more pieces of the watch around where you found it. All parts or most are made of brass. HH

^^^ nice try, I believe he found a coil off a miniature detector :tongue3:

Attachments

• mini coil.JPG
    mini coil.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 214

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread