Hottest Beach Spots

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
Every beach is different. The best thing to do when going to a new beach where you know there are a lot of people, is to do a grid from the dune to the surf. after a few targets you should be able to look back where you have been and define a target line, then start working parallel with the surf on that target line. It may be in the wet sand or it may be in the dry sand, only you can find that out.

HH
Digger

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said beaches vary.

There are multiple areas at all beaches to hunt, from dry sand to chest deep. The best thing to do is first observe the people on the beach and see where the majority of them stay, and memorize it.

The majority of good gold lost for me is in the water, but the water line changes due to the tides. Most rececent drops are in ankle to chest deep, but can vary. If they were always in the same area, everyone would hunt that area.

If you have a detector that isn't water proof I would recommend you hunt the wet sand first as it was underwater during high tide and people still play in it during high tides. Do as sand digger advises and work a grid and see where your finding the most targets, then work parallel to the surf along that line.

I have Excals and Sovereign GT's with WOT coils for the beaches, they allow me to cover a lot of area in a short time, my way of hunting may not work for you......

Good luck and good hunting..........................

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to learn to read the beach. Some say to hunt the wet sand only, but this moves with the tides. The best way to learn is to visit The Golden Olde site. http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/

Norm was a master and I learned much from him. In fact we all have....... :headbang: :thumbsup: :read2:

Attachments

• norm.gif
    norm.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 692
D

digum smacks

heres my 2 cents,hunt it all,you will know where its at.but 75%of the good stuff will be in the water,everyone and their $2metal detector can hunt the dry and find a nice gold ring but guess what they cant do that in the water.if it was me id try it all though get there early hunt the dry to test if theres alot of targets, alot of coins hit the dry longer.you will know if your time should be spent there.1 hour and you get only a couple of coins id get off the dry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread