Jan 3, 2009
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cage228 said:
Excal. 1000. Anyone know if these Ebay balanced shafts (rods by plugger) are good ones (balanced) and do they hold up well. Seems the cuff needs more support, appears it could work loose and get weak with side to side movement. Does anyone out there have one?? Many Thx in advance !!! And GLT-All !! ihmo.

I bought the Florida Straight Shaft, but don't see them sold any more on EBay. Almost $90 with shipping but they are cheaper if you make your own, go to a marine shop and buy a 7/8 inch aluminum rod. They are cheaper if you look at the aluminum handles for deck brooms, 5 foot long. (approx $22 with tax) Should be able to make the entire shaft for under $40 with cuff and handle.

excal

Sep 15, 2009
w.p.b FL.
Detector(s) used
excaliber II
i also just made a straight shaft for my excalII. i got my 7/8 alum. shaft at west marine is was six foot long, so i had to trim it down. I used a mountain bike climbing bars for my handle. i took my arm cuff off of my factory s shaft. i set the controller at the end of the shaft, as to give the coil a counter weight. it took soome adjust of the placement of the arm cuff and handle to be balanced perfect. if the balance is not right, you might as well keep your s shaft. i will post a pic of mine. i went and field tested it for 2 hours at the beach and loved it. I made the shaft length longer as to give me more ground coverage per swing, the only thing is you have to slow down your swing and walk because of the coverage. I also added a 2inch wide strap to the arm cuff, which really locks you the unit.pretty happy with it for now!

D

digum smacks

i make my own ,comfortable and will not break.i weld mine together

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FSS said:
The Florida Straight Shaft will be back on ebay soon. Thanks Treasure hunter

FSS,

Good to hear from you,

I wondered what happen to you, and your shaft, I had at least 6 people ask me the past year about a straight shaft and I always told them to go to EBay and look for the Florida Straight Shaft, but it was never there for sale.

Glad to see they will be returning.....................

If you can't make your own, the Florida Straight Shaft is top notch, I'm still using mine.

To any interested FSS is a straight shooter, due to error with website, when I paid it appeared first payment did not go through, when I bought mine I paid twice, FSS promptly refunded the second payment.

OP
OP
C

cage228

Jan 3, 2009
Thank you guys for your time to post. Much appriciated. You guys are great! My day will come when maybe I can help out and I look forward to it. Good Luck To All !! --cage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread