Nothing & nothing

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Nothing & nothing

My last two times out hunting I haven't found much at all. I found 1 quarter and 1 dime yesterday and this morning I only found 1 dime and 1 penny. Sheesh! But... I did meet a newbie hunter. He has only been at it for 2 weeks and he found a 10k ring his first time out! He has really good equipment, an excal II and a nutall scoop. Nice guy. Hope to see more good finds from you Tonyfl!

Well there is always tomorrow. :wink:

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Nothing & nothing

WHAT!!! No fish-hooks??? LOL :laughing9:
Just kidding Mumszie.... glad you
got out and at least found some coinage.
Save the gold for another hunt!
Gold Nuggets :hello:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Hi Mumszie...Yep, there's always tomorrow.

I know that things are slow for us beach hunters in Southern California too this season. I resist real hard not to be "slowed down" and experiment with other kinds of hunting.

Thankfully with my Erosion Beach (still almost my exclusive playground) and dump site (from the 1940's) and keeping my eyes open for opportunities I'm having fun and making a few finds.

You gotta keep swinging that coil! :hello2:

HH Joe

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mumszie said:
My last two times out hunting I haven't found much at all. I found 1 quarter and 1 dime yesterday and this morning I only found 1 dime and 1 penny. Sheesh! But... I did meet a newbie hunter. He has only been at it for 2 weeks and he found a 10k ring his first time out! He has really good equipment, an excal II and a nutall scoop. Nice guy. Hope to see more good finds from you Tonyfl!

Well there is always tomorrow. :wink:

Hi Mumszie,

The Nuttall Diamond Head scoop rocks! I also really like the Excal II, although I suspect I have a lot of learning to do. Attached is the ring I found at Pine Island. Technically it was my second day out but still my first weekend. :icon_pirat:

Thanks for the encouragement and all the good information. Hope to see you out again sometime!

Tony

Attachments

• pic003x.JPG
    pic003x.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 243

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

At least you have gotten out mumzie. I have not been out in over a week and I am have withdrawns. Need my fix maybe tomorrow if I am lucky.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread