What does WOT stand for?

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful Orange Thing...... and I want one. Christmas is just around the corner.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOT = Wonderful Orange Thing. Made by Coiltec. Coiltec use to make all of Minelabs coils before Minelab started making their coils in house. I currently own 3 of the WOTs (2 for my Sovereigns and 1 for Excal) and highly recommend them. I also highly recommend the new SEF coils, I own the 15" x 18" SEF Butterfly coil, it is heaver then the WOT, but when used with the harness it is not noticed at all by me. I can walk at normal walking speed at the beach with it and cover every square inch of my sweep in front of me. I use the harness to hunt with all my detectors except the Whites 6000 XL Pro. You will not find many negative comments on the WOT coil

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clamdigger said:
Yea, I know it's a stupid question. But I just upgraded from an Ace 250 to a Sovereign GT, and I was just wondering what WOT stood for. Thanks.

Don't worry there are no stupid questions. Wonderful Orange Thing, as Treasure Hunter said.

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
clamdigger said:
Yea, I know it's a stupid question. But I just upgraded from an Ace 250 to a Sovereign GT, and I was just wondering what WOT stood for. Thanks.

Don't worry there are no stupid questions. Wonderful Orange Thing, as Treasure Hunter said.
Hmm how about these then

1. Whats with the halo effect played the game for hours made no difference.
2. Why is a Pi dectector called that if u cant eat it.
3. Why cant we get a detector that only finds Gold.
4. Adding more batterys will it give u more power.

you get the picture lol :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
metal mania said:
Sandman said:
clamdigger said:

Hmm how about these then

2. Why is a Pi detector called that if u cant eat it.

you get the picture lol :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

1. Everyone knows Pacman is the game to play to increase detecting finds.
2. Pi detectors work, but only if you walk in a radius.
3. These exist, but they kept leading users to Fort Knox, hence they were banned by the Govt.
4. I asked my wife about this and she said she'll try it.

Jay

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturna said:
metal mania said:
Sandman said:
clamdigger said:

Hmm how about these then

2. Why is a Pi detector called that if u cant eat it.

1. Everyone knows Pacman is the game to play to increase detecting finds.
2. Pi detectors work, but only if you walk in a radius.
3. These exist, but they kept leading users to Fort Knox, hence they were banned by the Govt.
4. I asked my wife about this and she said she'll try it.

Jay
:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread