Tiger Shark Help ( Video )

Chewbaby

Dec 22, 2008
Sebastian, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
My metal detector is making noises kind of like false signals. I propt it up on a pillow ( no zipper), and changed the batteries. I have never submerged the housing and have only been at most knee deep in the ocean ( hip mounted ). I did notice the head phones and was wondering if the pulled wire could cause the problem. It started on Tuesday after work and I have tried everyday sence. I might have to send in to Tesoro.

Thanks for watching and any advice
-Matthew

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Chewbaby

Dec 22, 2008
Sebastian, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
I also forgot to mention that it makes the same noise in discrimination mode as well.

Thanks again

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Maybe a bad diode inside? Have you tried Emailing the company and asking what could be causing it. It sounds like it is false hitting for some reason.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This could be any number of things. First have you turned up the sensitivity screw inside? Have you washed out the coil cover? Does it do this noise only inside the house? There are a lot of electrical interferences inside a home. Do you or neighbors have a pet or electiric security fence? Does it do this more if you move the wire for the headphones or the coil cable.

I had one that did this for a short time and it stopped of it's own accord when I replaced the batteries. BTW, never use Lithium batteries.

OP
OP
C

Chewbaby

Dec 22, 2008
Sebastian, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
cedarrat,
I will try and email the company after I try it at the beach in the morning. Thanks for the advice

Willie d,
I will try the coil connection. I'm pretty sure it is as tight as it will go. I tried wiggling both the head phones and the coil connector wires...still chattering. I also checked to see if any pins were missing on the coil wire but everything is were it should be. Thanks for the advice

Sandman,
I use regular energizer batteries and i have never messed with anything on the inside of the unit.
I also changed them out just before the video (had 8 beeps when turned on). It started making the noises on Tuesday at the beach and also at my home on Thurs. and Fri. I was going to go to the beach today but something came up, so I will go tomarrow and see if it stops. I haven't had the coil cover on since Tuesday but i will try and put it on to see if any difference. I not sure if any water may have splashed in the crack on the head phone cord, however there are no exposed wires. Thanks for the advice

I will try it out tomarrow and report thank you all very much
THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!!!!
Matthew

Miningtown

Apr 22, 2009
Argyle, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI PRO sl, Tesoro Tiger Shark
My TS made very similar sounds and I had used it very little..lost a lot of sleep over it one night since it was new to me. In the am put new batteries in it just as a final check and all was well. I find that the ones that I was using do not last all that long so on but it was a relief to know that it was just that. If you actually have a break in the headphone wire..by all means send it in as it will only get worse and soon be a problem. Good luck

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
sounds like a trip to Tesoro is in order.love there warranty!

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
call rusty henry at tesoro and let him hear it. you will treated like you were his family! he is my hero! ~~~~~ b

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions