Fake Reales on Melbourne Fl Beach

tedpank

Jun 16, 2006
Vero Beach, Florida
Two friends and myself were hunting a Melbourne Beach (Florida) and getting a good hit my scoop showed what looked like a reale. Called my buddy over and he then found a gold coin.

We were then approached by a person with a metal detector who said he was with a church group who were at the beach and we had walked into their treasure hunt area.

Needless to say planting fake reales and gold fake gold chains is not the smartest thing, but I think we got all of them.

Interesting day hunt! I can now say I at least know the feeling of looking into my scoop and seeing a spanish reale! Next time maybe it will be a real one!

Attachments

• huntmelbourne.jpg
    huntmelbourne.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 553
  • huntmelbournea.jpg
    huntmelbournea.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nitro coins!!! maaaan, to bad they weren't real.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes some times clubs and groups plant coins for club members to find and tokens too. Sometimes you run into painted pennies of different colors. Different colors collected get different prizes. Some are left there after the hunt for us to find and wonder about. But this could also cause a Happy Dance.

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
I found one of the "reales" also on Vero Beach. Makes your heart skip until you realize it's a fake!
Thanks for cleaning them up!

Stuart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions