Treasure of a different sort.....

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
Don't know if anyone is interested in Sea Beans besides me on here, but I had a great weekend for collecting sea beans. Here on the east coast of Florida we have had 20-30 MPH North East wind, which has made the sea pretty angry with 8 to 9 foot waves. With the waves comes tons of seaweed washing up on shore. Along with the seaweed come sea beans and lots of them.

My wife and I went collecting and together we found 45 Hamburger beans, 7 Sea Purses, 27 sea hearts, 1 Mary's bean, 1 Rubber Tree seed, 12 Crabwood seeds and lots of other drift seeds and beans. We collected more this weekend then we had been able to collect for a whole year prior.

HH
Digger

Attachments

• Beans.JPG
    Beans.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 402
  • crabwood seeds.JPG
    crabwood seeds.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 427
  • nickernuts.JPG
    nickernuts.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 406
  • rubber mary.JPG
    rubber mary.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 375
  • sea beans.JPG
    sea beans.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 401
  • sea purses.JPG
    sea purses.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 416
  • sea hearts.JPG
    sea hearts.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 390
  • star nuts.JPG
    star nuts.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool stuff!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I pick them up also for good luck. While you are out checking the wrack, look for baby sea turtles (Washbacks). They live the first year of their life in the sargassum. When the sargassum gets washed up so do the sea turtles. Whatever you do, do not put them back in the ocean. They will not survive. They are brought into rehab centers and taken out to sea when healthy.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful that one of them "Sea Beans" aren't really a Alien egg that will hatch into ..........well I don't know what. I used to pick up these and they are interesting. Heck it beats washing the leaves off the floor. :laughing7:

Nice post...
Sandman

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, I find them but don't really look for them. I did find some near an indian mound and they look just like your crabwood seeds. If ya shake them ya can hear them rattle... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread