Finds At Treasure Coast, Florida

B

Big1011Guy

Claudia and I are back from our vacation trip from Houston, Texas to The Treasure Coast, Florida.
We did what you would call a Metal Detecting Vacation Trip along the Treasure Coast of Florida from Nov 1st thru Nov 5th. We didn't come home rich or even close, but we had a blast for the most part. The beaches are amazing and the water is so clear compared to My Home Beach of Galveston. The entire time we were there I only saw one other person with a Metal Detector. We searched the beaches early morning, afternoon low tide and early dusk. We just happened to go to the Treasure Coast, Florida during the Sea Turtle Migration Time, so Night Hunting with Flashlights was not allowed. We both enjoy Night Hunting, so this was sort of a bummer. I still haven't been able to figure out if Night Hunting is Allowed at all, because the Beach Signs say that the beaches are open from Dusk to Dawn and most of the beaches have Gates that can be locked to keep cars out of the parking lot. I guess Florida's Term for Public Beaches is Different than that of Texas' definition. In Galveston the beaches are open 24 hrs a day.
The Florida's Law/Rules to do with The Beaches was definitely different than that of Galveston, Texas. We were hoping that we didn't do anything to get ourselves in trouble.
We are glad we went. We found some interesting finds and went to the Treasure Museums.
I have attached pictures of our finds to this post.
The other pictures we took will be posted on My TreasureNet Home Page.
Guy

Attachments

• Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 028.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 028.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 678
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 022.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 022.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 691
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 021.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 021.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 733
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 023.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 023.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 690
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 024.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 024.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 884
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 025.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 025.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 692
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 027.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 027.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 1,205
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 028.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 028.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 671
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 022.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 022.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 665
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 021.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 021.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 650
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 023.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 023.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 661
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 024.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 024.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 025.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 025.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 684
  • Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 027.JPG
    Finds Treasure Coast, Florida 027.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 799
Upvote 0

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
If you had a good time, that's all that matters. I don't hunt at night to often but when I do I park and walk to the beach so I wont get closed in. I take that dusk to dawn thing with a grain of salt.

Dale

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Dirt Fishin Dale said:
If you had a good time, that's all that matters. I don't hunt at night to often but when I do I park and walk to the beach so I wont get closed in. I take that dusk to dawn thing with a grain of salt.

Dale

We had a blast and We didn't venture out at night even though there was a Full Moon and no flashlights needed, because the rangers said The Newly Hatched Baby Sea Turtles were heading out to the water and I am not messin' with natures creatures. There is always next time!!!!, Hopefully.
Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey don't they sell nails and fishing hooks in Houston?, nice pictures. :hello2:

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Produce Guy said:
Hey don't they sell nails and fishing hooks in Houston?, nice pictures. :hello2:

Yes They Do, But the ones in Houston Have Gulf Of Mexico Sea Water Rust - Where as these I Found in Florida Have Atlantic Sea Water Rust which makes them More Valuable!!!!! (oops, I Mean More Expensive). :laughing7:

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would personally like to thank you for helping clean our beaches............

The beaches are owned by the state, but the parking areas are owned by the county, who controls their closings.

Hope you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for visiting us!

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Dude, I hope you dug where you found that "X"...that's one of them thare pirate X's. They hid treasure under them. Hence the saying "X marks the spot".:o

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

P.B. and Dylan said:
Dude, I hope you dug where you found that "X"...that's one of them thare pirate X's. They hid treasure under them. Hence the saying "X marks the spot".:o

Believe You Me, When I saw that "X" I started diggin' and I didn't stop till I ran into a Chinese Man
sayin' "No Tweasure Here - No Tweasure Here - Go Home Yankee!!!! :laughing9:
No Stinkin' Treasure Under That "X".
Guy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

billinstuart said:
I would personally like to thank you for helping clean our beaches............

The beaches are owned by the state, but the parking areas are owned by the county, who controls their closings.

Hope you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for visiting us!

No Problem cleaning Florida's Beaches because, We try to spend at least one day a week helping to clean the beaches at Galveston, Texas. I am going to have a friend that welds what I guess you could call Modern Art out of different shapes of metal-- Make Me a Statue out of all the metal junk I have found this year. Now I can Have a Florida section on the Statue. The best Name I have come up with for the Statue is: "From Trash To Treasure". Who Knows I may even be able to sell it to someone that collects Unusual Art Pieces. I Just Might Have To Get Rich The Old Fashioned Way - I Will Have To Earn It!!!!! :laughing7:
Guy

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My trips with the family turned up about the same things that you did.

Last January we were over there and there was a nice cut. I had my Excal with me. My son and I are going along looking at that area. I move my coil over my scoop to see if it was ok because I hadn't heard anything for more then 20 minutes and nothing. The headphones had a short. The wire where they connect to the housing apparently was bad. A few minutes later a guy came by and starts digging, lets out a scream, and in his hand he had 3 small Spanish coins. When we got back to the hotel, I told my wife what happened. She said I should have knocked the guy out and taken the coins. She said we could of finally stopped making the trip over there because I would have finally had a coin. Oh well, it's fun.

At least you had a good time like we do everytime we go over there.

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Capt. JP said:
My trips with the family turned up about the same things that you did.

Last January we were over there and there was a nice cut. I had my Excal with me. My son and I are going along looking at that area. I move my coil over my scoop to see if it was ok because I hadn't heard anything for more then 20 minutes and nothing. The headphones had a short. The wire where they connect to the housing apparently was bad. A few minutes later a guy came by and starts digging, lets out a scream, and in his hand he had 3 small Spanish coins. When we got back to the hotel, I told my wife what happened. She said I should have knocked the guy out and taken the coins. She said we could of finally stopped making the trip over there because I would have finally had a coin. Oh well, it's fun.

At least you had a good time like we do everytime we go over there.

For our Very First Search we decided to go to Treasure Shores Park, I took a left off of the Boardwalk and within 5 minutes I found the Ladies Silver Bracelet (that is in the pictures) just in front of the Dunes . I thought All Right - This Is Going To Be A Lucky Trip. Oh Well, We Had Fun Anyway. :laughing7:

Guy

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

coin finder said:
Hi , I Love the beer caps, but no mr pulltab ?

Nope, Not A Single Pull Top - Just Bottle Tops and (3) Pop a Tops.
Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread