Third day beach experiment

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Based on the volume of targets today, I would say that even with the tide swing being as great as it is this week, without a large swell or a storm surf etc. the increase of targets on the beach seam to remain relatively constant after the first days volume find. I will give it two more days but don't think I will see an increase in targets until a major storm or high surf condition. Or if the beach is left alone for couple of weeks to allow for a gradual buildup of targets. However you can see by my daily finds items do continue to apppear daily that weren't there the day before, I guess thats why you always hear the beach is never dug out.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 439
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 428
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 440
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What size coil are you using, and is the beach steep or flat?

I am a firm believer that unless there is a detector convention, with hundreds of hunters, your always going to miss areas when searching. Only way not to miss an area in my opinion is to mark it with line string and pattern search it N-S then again E-W. Even dragging a scoop to mark where you have been you will still miss aome areas if your not extra careful.

I use 15 inch WOT or 15 x 18 inch SEF Butterfly coil when I hunt the beach, I walk slow and usually, but not always walk patterns, and I know I still miss some areas if I am not real careful to pay attention to exactly where my coil stops in the swing to see where my next pass will start.

Good luck and good hunting............. :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it from Kellyco, here is link to the page.... It is at the bottom of the "EXcelerator Search Coils for Minelab" http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/searchcoils.htm

It is mounted on my Non Waterproof Sov GT. First time I took it for a walk it found a gold ring and silver ring at the beach......It is heavier then the WOT, but I hunt with a harness and the weight is not a problem at all.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you did better on your 3rd day then you did on your 2nd day.....Matt

OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Treasure_Hunter said:
What size coil are you using, and is the beach steep or flat?

I am a firm believer that unless there is a detector convention, with hundreds of hunters, your always going to miss areas when searching. Only way not to miss an area in my opinion is to mark it with line string and pattern search it N-S then again E-W. Even dragging a scoop to mark where you have been you will still miss Aime areas if your not extra careful.

I use 15 inch WOT or 15 x 18 inch SEF Butterfly coil when I hunt the beach, I walk slow and usually, but not always walk patterns, and I know I still miss some areas if I am not real careful to pay attention to exactly where my coil stops in the swing to see where my next pass will start.

Good luck and good hunting............. :icon_thumright:

Yes I agree with what you are saying, what I am doing is trying to provide myself information on the amount of time within a certain area it takes for items to be exposed by the surf, high tide, storm or even daily foot traffic. I know its not a fool proof system, but I am being careful to try to cover the same areas. It may be just an excetrsize, but what the heck, I am having fun doing it

I use the Minelab Sovereign GT with the 15" WOT coil, as you know in wet sand 15" to 20" is easy for that thing.

The surf has come up this morning because of a large swell, I am looking forward to getting down there around noon today and will be posting the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread