too much noreaster?

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
too much nor'easter?

I was thinking about making the 1.5 hour trip down to Sandbridge VA (if it's accessible) or to VA Beach. I have not done any beach detecting and was thinking the stripped off top sand would provide good hunting conditions.

But has this storm been too much erosion? With such violent conditions I can't help but think anything that was in the sand has been pulled out where I can't get to it. Just curious what you all think as I am new to the beach realm.

Thanks
Bob

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: too much nor'easter?

Bob, I don't hunt there, but hurricanes down in Florida really open up the beaches for some major finds, If I lived there I would call in sick, and be on the beach with all 4 of my beach detectors at dawn or as soon as I could get there, and especially for the first low tide after the storm.

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I do not think there could ever be too much sand moved!!! I have seen 15' to 20' moved and the finds were insane!! Wet sand is basically a liquid and gold is so heavy it sinks till it hits very hard/shell pack or peat layer way under the beach...too much is never enough!

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to try and get on down there on Sunday.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just heard from my nephew and his family who live in Chesapeake. The power is out and water is in the streets up to the car door.

Be very careful.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I want to know whats being found in VA and the Outer Banks right now....

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Re: Tides are still way 2 high, It will be a few more days before they die down.....

SharkHunter said:

yeah wish I could wait but Sunday is about the only time I can get there in the coming weeks. hopefully the low pulls a bit north and the winds start to blow from the west.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions