I want one!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Jim is from Deland. I think Jim might be eccentric.
Why you ask? Look at his equipment below.

JimfromDeland.jpg

JimsMD1.jpg

JimsMD2.jpg

JimsMD3.jpg
I haven't met this guy but WOW! What an invention! :o

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my weight I would need wider tires to keep from bogging down in the sand. People at the beach will definitely watch you.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
now that is what is Hot ! I want one Too ! beat walking your #ss off Yes I want one Have Money in Hand $$$$ :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow strap a motor to that bad boy an you really do some huntin lol

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a hoot! Would work really well in Daytona! Maybe the wet sand on the gulf coast of Florida but not the sugar sand of the Panhandle and other locations. That took some work. It that a coil on the front? If so, what the heck is it hooked to?

Miss you folks down there in Florida! Haven't had any time to hunt here in Tennessee. My transfer here with the Feds ended up with me jumpin out of the frying pan into the fire. I thought Tennessee would be laid back. NOT!!!!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A good imagination, a shopping list at Lowe's, a trip to Freight Harbor and a little work with a Mig Welder and Wah-La, a TH'er's Ride. Great Invention, one of a kind. :headbang: :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how hard it is to peddle in the sand. could be a lot of work I would have to have a motor on it.......Matt

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SYKO said:
How do u pinpoint with that thing?
Drive forwards and backwards? :laughing9:

looks like in the last photo he has a smaller round coil to do that with?

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
WOW! Very nice setup. As for the center hummm good question directly under the seat????? Looks like a 2 box setup for deep detecting. Might need a backhoe to recover your finds. Did you notice the orange marker flags? Hmmm finds target area puts flag in spot continues to pedal and wife follows up behind hin=m digging all targets, hey works for me!!!!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
kc10bull said:
WOW! Very nice setup. As for the center hummm good question directly under the seat????? Looks like a 2 box setup for deep detecting. Might need a backhoe to recover your finds. Did you notice the orange marker flags? Hmmm finds target area puts flag in spot continues to pedal and wife follows up behind hin=m digging all targets, hey works for me!!!!

You hit the nail on the head! He does put markers down and then comes back and digs the targets. I am not sure it would be wise to go very far leaving markers behind you>>>

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
kc10bull said:
looks like his machine is covered up with a mat...?? can`t see what he got under there.. but sure is a nice invention but wouldn`t work on the sugar sands on the beach i hit. would need some really strong legs. :laughing7:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
wow strap a motor to that bad boy an you really do some huntin lol
I think it does have a motor,( Electric) :tongue3:

sofasurfer

Greenie
Oct 3, 2009
Lets figure this out.
Do you know the person who owns this? Can we get more pictures? There is a contraction on the back which was not photographed.

It is constructed from a moped although I do not see a gas tank. I do see moped spocket and back wheel.
Looks manufactured rather than cobbled together in a workshop.

Does not seem to be a general purpose detector because the coil is fixed to ride on the ground which would not work around obsticles. Coil has runners which, at best, would allow it to follow contour of ground. Also, stock front moped tires, which would ride on sand pretty well, have been replaced by flat, more narrow tires which would sink in the sand but would work best on a concrete surface. The coil swings up out of the way for transport or non-use position.

I see headphones (front and back), junk bucket, optional handheld detector wand (appears to be a folding type), headphones, protected control box, battery or tool box, a flourescent orange gizmo on a shaft laying on the botton tray, 2 sand scoops, 2 water bottles in holders.

The optional hand help detector appears to have a large coil of wire attached for distant searching.
Below the support fram, right behing the handlebar downtube is a white pvc tube (a possible digger holder?).
Partially hidden by the junk bucket is a red, adjustible length shaft.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
It would be so cool to have one of those. Need to see how it works. It is a great idea.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOWv WAY Cool :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions