The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High all!! I was wondering if any of the Jersey beach hunters actually get into the surf to look for gold? I have been to the Jersey shore 3 times in the past year (many times growing up) and have a hard time standing in the surf let alone detecting in it. The waves are fierce and the shore line dips down very sharply. In contrast, when you are at Myrtle beach or somewhere more southerly you can walk out almost 100 yards to a very gently sloping shoreline. If you do get into the water could you please share some of your tips/procedures?
thanks
john

Upvote 0

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just stay home .........nothing here at our beaches ......only new pennys . lol .pine

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pinebarrens1 said:
just stay home .........nothing here at our beaches ......only new pennys . lol .pine
i was just down on wednesday and got run off sandy hook for detecting...went a bit further south and didn't get but about a dollar in clad

woj

Jun 29, 2005
En Jay
Detector(s) used
DFX
Sandy Hook is sooooooo off limits for detecting...you're lucky you were only told to leave...

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cage228 said:
woj ,Whys that ?? Run off Sandy hook. Nathional seashore?? Many Thx in advance.
the ranger told us it's off limits because of possibly digging up an old unexploded ordnance...you would think the tards would have gone through THEMSELVES and detected the place BEFORE they opened it up as a public recreation area for swimming,fishing and the like.

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woj said:
Sandy Hook is sooooooo off limits for detecting...you're lucky you were only told to leave...
btw...we always check the signs b4 detecting and nothing stated it was not allowed that we saw

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go into the water, but I do not go past my knees, it is very hard to balance yourself, and your scooper and your detector with the waves hitting you and the undertow pulling you.. but you can find some darn good finds there.. I personally prefer ankle shallow, seems I find most of my goodies there..also depending upon the tides.

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bootybay said:
I go into the water, but I do not go past my knees, it is very hard to balance yourself, and your scooper and your detector with the waves hitting you and the undertow pulling you.. but you can find some darn good finds there.. I personally prefer ankle shallow, seems I find most of my goodies there..also depending upon the tides.
thanks bb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions