where was it ?

astro-nut

Sep 12, 2008
southwest fla
Detector(s) used
whites spectra, dual field, beachhunter300, minelab quattro
tonite I was out there at low tide got a really nice tone kept digging water kept on coming kept digging pinpointing but nothing dug for about an hr in same spot and nothing but i was getting the same signal very strong so whwere was it ??? i got my bearing and am going there tomorrow i wont give up never only if my arms fall off :D

Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last month I had one of those whatsits that I couldn't recover to save my life. After 15 minutes of trying for it I finally took the scoop with all the material in it to the shore line. Boy was I surprised, 15 minutes of going nuts for a grommet.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Split shot or a really deep aluminum can top IMHO I would move on :dontknow:

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
Capt. JP said:
Last month I had one of those whatsits that I couldn't recover to save my life. After 15 minutes of trying for it I finally took the scoop with all the material in it to the shore line. Boy was I surprised, 15 minutes of going nuts for a grommet.

I have done that same thing.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess lawn chair 2 foot deep, been there... :dontknow:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stitchlips said:
Capt. JP said:

I have done that same thing.

Stitchlips, I bet you had the same or similar look on your face when you saw that baby. ;D

I've also searched and searched only to discover a soda can or beer can or one of my favorites the top part of the can at two feet. What a feeling of accomplishment.

HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those split shot or .22 cal bullets or cases can slip through the holes in the scoop easy and they sound so loud.

D

digum smacks

its common place.i have a neat cure.i own a sunspot scoop.i shake real slow and direct targets to the small holes in the back.get many stud earrings

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I know of two of those kinds of places on a beach just south of Venice Florida.

If you keep digging long enough, you'll hit a large metal box. Probably filled with gold. :)

Actually, the box on the beach south of Venice is not filled with gold.

It turned out to be a connector box in an old drainage system that led into the ocean and is now buried deep in the sand. The pipes leading away from the box will also give a good signal when the tide is out - even though the pipes are at least 3 feet down.

There's a couple of these at Casperson beach - and if you dig down to the target, you'll find what does look like a treasure chest made of metal, rusted over just enough to make you think you have found Gasparilla's long lost treasure.

On the treasure coast, at turtle trails beach, you'll get the same kind of tone about 100 feet south of the beach entrance. Dig deep enough and you'll find a automobile tire mounted on a rim.

Probably a lot more of these on various beaches.

Bill

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there done that. The dreaded water filling in the hole in the wet sand trick. I have had both good and bad targets come from that scenerio, I believe everyone who has hunted the wet sand on a granular beach can relate. A target that seems within easy reach. "If I can just get that one next scoop it will be there." Then hear comes a small wave and your hole is back to where you started. I have built little dams with the sand I am digging to prevent the water from coming in. I have gone into hyper drive with the scoop to get deeper before the water comes. I have even had my kids help. It is aweful.

My suggestion would be to have at least one and maybe two other people with scoops there. You could do the alternating scoop thing where you are working together each taking a scoop while the last guy is emptying his and the next one is scooping and the next one is getting ready to scoop. You could move some sand that way before the hole fills back in.

Good Luck and let us know what was there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread