finding free parking at clearwater beach

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
headed down to fla again this yr.

i went to clearwater bch and scoped it but

seemed all was expensive metered parking

i have practiced with my headhunter in the

fresh water and am anxious to try in the surf

if some one would please tell me where

specifically where i can park for free

please i am begging. it dont make no sense to feed

the meters while detecting. the further north

u go the hotels end and its private homes.

there no signs saying u cant park there. but no one is

and that made me worry. can u park in

this private home area? is there big competion

for free parking? i would love to stay at a beachfront hotel

but it too expensive. i end up having to drive in from port richey

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know it is all metered parking. It is the same way on St Pete Beach, which I hunt more then Clearwater as it is a lot bigger beach.

Daytona Beach is free parking now if you park on the beach, but you have to have your vehicle off the beach by sunset....

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you're familiar with this section of Clearwater Beach... you'll know that the main pier is directly to the left of this sat image.
I was informed by the security officer there that you are able to park in this area after dark for free, so long as you aren't in your vehicle.
I'm not quite sure as for the daytime, since I really never go to Clearwater Beach.
Like TH, I favor St Pete Beach myself. The parking is kind of steep though at either place.

You can also find free parking on Treasure Island Beach until dusk... as well as North Beach out at Fort deSoto. There are two tolls before you get to North Beach though, one for 50 cents and one for 35 cents... and you would also need to apply for a free lifetime detecting permit early in the morning at the park ranger office out at Fort deSoto before you start detecting.

Bran <><

Attachments

• Clearwater.jpg
    Clearwater.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,129

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is free parking at Clearwater Beach and it lends to some good hunting too.

Set your GPS for Cambria Street or Idlewild Street. They are at the far north end of the beach and there is parking on the sides of each street. Both dead end at the beach and both service residences or condos in the area but there is free public parking on the sides of each street. Just pay attention to the signs and do not park in areas marked for fire hydrants, blocking entrances etc. Both streets have a beach access walk thru and both are just as close to the beach as the paid parking near the pier. I parked there for two years and the people who live on those streets were always nice to me. They have their own parking areas off the street and don't mind you being there as long as you don't block their driveways, etc. The streets are lighted at night also. I never felt unsafe leaving my car there.

Walk straight to the water from the beach access and start a hunting pattern. I always went into the water but you can start on the wet or dry sand or however you choose. I worked a pattern either one of two ways.

1. I would work a grid in a specific area in the water where I entered, kind of working a box shaped pattern. I did this until I finished searching the whole box that I had set in my mind and then did another one.

2. This was my favorite. I would get into the water and start in about chest deep depth. I would then head south toward the pier. I maintained my straight line as best I could by being sure to keep the water at my chest for depth. This insures that you are staying pretty consistant with your line. It takes a while to get to the pier area. I have never measured it but it is probably about 1/2 mile or more. At the pier, you can choose to go under it and keep on course or turn around. If you keep on course and go under the pier, you just keep going until you reach the sea break of rocks at the end of the beach. Either way, when you turn to go back to where you started, move in toward the beach until the water is just below chest deep and head back. When you get back to your starting point, move in to where the water is just above waist high, etc. etc. By varying the depth on your body, you are pretty much sure you are not covering the same ground twice as you make your runs. THIS ALL GOES OUT THE WINDOW ON ROUGH SURF DAYS!!!! You are on your own then. Those days are rare at Clearwater but I have taken a beating there a time or two. Also, if you water hunt, your trips up and down the beach will take a while. I did the chest deep start one day and moved in from there and then another day, I may start in the wet sand and move out on the return patterns. Your hunting style and patience will set that for you.

Hope this is what you are looking for and a little coaching from experience in with it.

DaChief!

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
dachief is correct! about a mile north of the pier.....or you can park by the pier in the streets after 10pm...until 1am....10pm-1am its free.no street parking in that area between the hours of 1am-6am. if you hunt at night. some of the street meters north of the pier stop charging at 6pm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions