Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Florida Treasure Finder!!

Dec 2009
    Gainesville, Florida
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro

Is it legal to metal detect in the Bahamas?

I have only been to the Bahamas once, in 2007. I went to Nassau. This was before I got so heavily into metal detecting. I saw a guy that called himself a treasure hunter at cable beach. He was talking to some of us tourists. All he had was a long metal pole, mask, fins, snorkel. He swam way out so far that we lost sight of him. I have seen some films where they use a metal pole to poke the sand.

I wonder if it's ok to bring your metal detector with you and use it on the beaches in the Bahamas

Thanks for any info.
    Susan,Kelly,Tinky (skt)
    I Love beach metal detecting, and I love my dog Kelly.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9337 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Is it legal to metal detect in the Bahamas?

Several members have posted they have gone to the Bahamas and hunted there with no problems at all.... Be sure to hunt the private island on your way if the cruise ship
    stops there, although I have been told it is hunted often I would still hunt it........

Good luck..................

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us

Dec 2009
    Gainesville, Florida

Thanks for the info. Someday I would love to go back to the Bahamas. I flew there from Ft.Lauderdale. Very smooth flight, and very short, only 1/2 hr on Spirit air. I also needed to bring my passport. They had changed the laws at that time in 2007 about passports. I always plan to hunt where people swim a lot, and lay around the beach.

I can't wait to get home and get out hunting. I've been stuck in this truck for about 6 weeks so far. Due to holiday, they keep us out longer than usual.

ttyl, skt

us
    Oct 2007
    Northern, OH
    DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
    103 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

You can get to the Bahamas from Ft. Lauderdale on Sprit Air for like $18 one way and sometime they run better specials for like $8 each way. It should would be nice to take a trip for that little of money. Just check into the $9 club on Sprit you get great deals. We have flown to LA for $28 each way.....Matt
    CRH 2014 find
    wheaties
    War Nickels
    Buffalo
    Mercs 4
    Rosie 6
    90% Kennedy
    Franklin
    Walkers
    40% halfs
    Detecting Finds
    Dollars
    Quarters `
    Silver Quarters
    Dimes
    Silver Dimes
    Nickels
    Pennies
    Wheaties
    rings

us

Dec 2009
    Gainesville, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by mlayers
    You can get to the Bahamas from Ft. Lauderdale on Sprit Air for like $18 one way and sometime they run better specials for like $8 each way. It should would be nice to take a trip for that little of money. Just check into the $9 club on Sprit you get great deals. We have flown to LA for $28 each way.....Matt
    Cool, thanks for the info. I have made a note of it and will keep it in my files for next trip to bahamas.

skt

Jun 2006
    Vero Beach, Florida

Last time I was in Nassau I stopped at the Bahamian Tourist Bureau and asked and also at the police/military office where the cruise ships come in. Both told me hand held detectors are allowed, but absolutely no professional treasure hunting equipment.

Planning on going in February and bringing mine with me.

Charter Member
    pa
    Pirate of the Ays

May 2004
    Panama
    Minelab Excal 1000
    59 times

I make regular trips to the Bahamas, and always bring the detector, my Excal breaks down and fits into my backpack on those trips to the out islands when I have to travel light.

us

Dec 2009
    Gainesville, Florida

Sounds great!! I'll bring my detector next time I visit & hit the tourist areas!!

skt

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors