Chilly morning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
It was chilly outside this morning but I decided to go hunting anyway. There aren't going to be very many days left this year for me to get in the water so chilly or not. I went! I hit a lot of targets but most were just chunks of metal. Nothing important. Then I started getting some decent hits.

Finds121709.jpg

The first thing I got was a heart charm. It is just junk but does have "HYPE" stamped on it. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean but like I said it's junk.

Charmheart1217091a.jpg

My camera does not do well most of the time with close ups but I tried to get one of the stamp.

Charmheart1217092.jpg

Then I got another hit and when I brought this one up I thought "ALL RIGHT" It was a bracelet but alas it is also junk. RATS Still - it is the first bracelet of this type I've found. It is rather heavy but it is NOT GOLD.

Bracelet121709.jpg

I spent 3 hours in the water this morning and just when my whole body was shaking from the cold and I figured it was time for me to get out I got another hit. A ring this time! OH YEAH! A RING!

Ring1217091.jpg

Unfortunately, another junk item. I did think at first that it was my first "spinner" but... nope - it's not! So my finds this morning were all junk but still they were fun to find and a ring is a ring! I'm happy! Maybe tomorrow I will find some GOLD! :wink:

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Mumszie I can't believe you are still in the water. Do you use a wet suit? I know that water has to be down to about 75 by now! lol I'd be excited by those finds. heck I'm excited just seeing finds right now. You think it is chilly there....you are lucky you aren't in Philadelphia!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
cntrydncr1 said:
Mumszie I can't believe you are still in the water. Do you use a wet suit? I know that water has to be down to about 75 by now! lol I'd be excited by those finds. heck I'm excited just seeing finds right now. You think it is chilly there....you are lucky you aren't in Philadelphia!

Not sure what the water temp was but it was cold and no, I do not have a wet suit yet. Someday I'm going to get one but at the moment I don't have one. It WAS exciting finding those finds.... good or not. I thought I had a couple of goodies when I found them and it wasn't until I got back to the car and was looking them over better that I discovered that they were not. Oh well.... it was certainly better than what I've been finding lately so I'm happy with my finds today. ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumsie, :hello:

You need to get a wetsuit, I hunt the Atlantic side of Florida in the middle of the winter with no problems with my Farmer John suit....

What are you going to do when a storm tears up the beach in January, Febuary, or March, ripping off 2 feet of sand in the shallow water, it will only last a short time, before the tides bring the sand all back in. You want to be ready when it happens, not out looking for a wetsuit..............Are you going to let everyone else collect all the diamond rings? :icon_scratch:

I bought my Oceanic Farmer John wetsuit used off of EBay for $37 with shipping.............When it arrived you could not tell it had never even been worked.... ;D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you done good. :thumbsup: :hello:

I bought a wetsuit a while back, a xxl without the booties, It was thick, I mean thick, thick thick, I don't know the mm or whatever they measure these things in but once I got the legs on (scuse me, hahahahahahahahaha)and put the top on, I looked like a white version of shamu and couldn't move enough to swing my detector. At that point I decided I'd buy one that made me look, how would you say, "svelt". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So I went to a scuba store and I guess my raggedy appearance offset the salesperson because I got a wave of the hand and a "their over there and the used ones are over here" as she walked off to talk to the people from the escalade. Welll, I dumped the idea of buying a suit, definitely from there, but pretty much anywhere. I wear frogstogs and sweatpants in the winter and don't go in over my knees.

Can anyone tell me how to get the correct measurement on these things and where do you buy the booties? :icon_scratch:

I apologize for the hijak, mumzie. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
davest I don't mind your input at all! In fact it is nice to hear that other people do have some problems with this. I bought my dive boots at a dive shop over a year ago and I'm glad I bought those. They are invaluable to me! It is the wet suit I have problems with.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think ya will do better next time out too... silver and gold..if anyone deserves it...its you..

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure you don't have at least one piece of silver in there? When silver is heavily corroded, it can block out the 925 marks. Try cleaning the ring and bracelet just to see if there are marks underneath.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Another alternative are Neoprene waders with boots. They have a adjustable belt at the top to snug down and prevent water from sloshing in should a wave come up and smack you.
Available at Wal-Mart for under $60.00: Hodgman Brown Neoprene Chest Wader, Felt Sole. :coffee2:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
mumszie said:
It was chilly outside this morning but I decided to go hunting anyway. There aren't going to be very many days left this year for me to get in the water so chilly or not. I went! I hit a lot of targets but most were just chunks of metal. Nothing important. Then I started getting some decent hits.

Finds121709.jpg

The first thing I got was a heart charm. It is just junk but does have "HYPE" stamped on it. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean but like I said it's junk.

Charmheart1217091a.jpg

My camera does not do well most of the time with close ups but I tried to get one of the stamp.

Charmheart1217092.jpg

Then I got another hit and when I brought this one up I thought "ALL RIGHT" It was a bracelet but alas it is also junk. RATS Still - it is the first bracelet of this type I've found. It is rather heavy but it is NOT GOLD.

Bracelet121709.jpg

I spent 3 hours in the water this morning and just when my whole body was shaking from the cold and I figured it was time for me to get out I got another hit. A ring this time! OH YEAH! A RING!

Ring1217091.jpg

Unfortunately, another junk item. I did think at first that it was my first "spinner" but... nope - it's not! So my finds this morning were all junk but still they were fun to find and a ring is a ring! I'm happy! Maybe tomorrow I will find some GOLD! :wink:

The ring (after I cleaned it up) turned out to be Tungsten Carbide. Oh well... A RING IS A RING!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread