Username:

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
What's the story behind your user name? I often wonder about some of the usernames I see on the forum.

"Ringman", is not a self centered title to declare that I have or can find the most rings. It came about because of the silver rings found over the last three years. I seem to find alot of silver rings about 10 to 1 silver to gold. Because silver was so cheap, it seemed not worth selling for scrap or melt so I would give it away to my daughter and her friends whenever they would have a sleep over or visit, they would "ooh and ahh" and be so happy to get to pick out thier own rings. Also, my best friend has 4 little girls and I would always bring my silver rings over when I would visit. They would all come running out when I came shouting "it's Ringman"... and to this day they still call me "Ringman". so I am Ringman.

Upvote 0

day_sleeper_99

Jan 30, 2009
Germany
interesting thread, here is my explanation. when you work night shift long enough, what do you become??? a day-sleeper. 99 was the year. nothing too cryptic, i think. have fun

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up the nick name from friends that said my stories would put them to sleep. :laughing7:

Ha-Ha, you thought I'd say it was because I turn over a lot of sand. :hello:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol thats funny Sandman, booty bay is I live by the bay and I want the booty.. hence bootybay

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in the country, when I was a kid I was always walking through the woods looking for stuff, to me they were treasures, I hunted for WWII artifacts when I was stationed on Okinawa at 18. I started collecting rocks from various areas on my travels out of the service. I have always been into the American Indian and started collecting limited edition prints on them, then antique newspapers. I found an arrowhead while walking a field one day and got hooked on looking for more artifacts......I have always been a "treasure hunter"...

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Montauk3 refers to my brother, sister and me. We spent our youthful summers at Hither Hills camp grounds Montauk, Long Island. (Dad was head lifeguard).

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
My wife use to call me BigP in front of my kids, that's how it started, years ago I tried to use it as my user name on eBay, it was taken so ended up as BigP2

Pat

Bottlemanstx

Oct 6, 2008
Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Garret Mark II / White's Classic ID5
My username started back when I lived in St Croix (STX) and used to take long walks through the mountain sides in search of artifacts. On one of these voyages I stumbled upon and old dump that contained several old bottles and then I was hooked from that point on. I would also strap on my dive tank and frequently did shore dives in areas I thought might produce a bottle or two. In the course of 2 years searching I found over 150 bottles dating from 1720 - 1890's and hence everyone started calling me the bottleman of St Croix.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
My name said it all, Coin Finder, hense finder of any any coins :icon_thumleft:

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well TxPirate is from Living in SE TEXAS. And if there was a past life I must have been hung as a pirate because I can't stand any thing around my neck. And Jean Lafitte roamed these waters.

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
I was reading the book No One Here Gets Out Alive (at least i think it was that book) a book about Jim Morrison and read something about a song title or movie or something called mentalfloss and it just kind of stood out in my mind

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Dave St is the beginning of the citie I live in also the first two letters of my last name. It's really easy for me to remember it when I'm under the influence or the weather.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
"Do we have a Doors fan?"... Only if they "Light My Fire"!

I've been a Rockhound for about 30 years in the mountains of western North Carolina and the north Georgia mountains.
The mineral I hunt the most is called "Corundum". You may know it better when it is made to a gem... then it becomes Ruby or Sapphire. Ruby and Sapphire is the same mineral, the only difference is color... Ruby is red and all other colors are called Sapphire.
In 1812 the Mohs scale of mineral hardness was devised by the German mineralogist Frederich Mohs (1773-1839), who selected the ten minerals because they were common or readily available. Each mineral on the list is harder as the number goes to ten, which is Diamond.

mohshardnessscale.gif

Corundum being the #9 on the list gives me my username and nickname...

Number9

D

digum smacks

back in my hayday,before i started metal detecting,we would hammer the snook off sanibel pier.many of my friends got divorced due to "snook fever",like this sport "gold fever".snook fishing is much worse fever than gold.ive seen familys get torn apart because of it,now my name actually came from a song.on the way to the fishing hole,the group disturbed had a song "bring the violence its significant" it would signify how you needed to catch snook.so we need a verb name to describe it snook-sion = verb:the act of snooking or catching snook

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cotton, Grand dad gave me the name.I couldn't shake it so what the hell , I went with it ,I guess he could of called me something else ,LOL :tongue3:

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
My screen name comes from David Spade's character on the movie Black Sheep. Its funny because everyone thinks that is actually my name

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions