Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your into water hunting you have 3 ranges of machines that I've seen, the elcheapos that everyone should stay away from , the mid range price Tesoro's which nobody can get their hands on , then theres the high end machines that for most we just cant afford them right now.

So what do we do here? For me the only hope is to either use my land machine like last year an stay shallow less than waist deep or hope somebody decides they dont whant their TS an I find it before the masses do .

I dont do bad with my Tesoro land machine in the water I find gold silver an clad , but I put my dues in an am ready to get into deeper water where I know the finds are better plus Id like to hit the beaches an water in California an Mexico.

Well theres my rant folks what do you think .

HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Well Tank...all I can suggest is if you have some found gold....sell it...take the proceeds and put it towards the highend machine.....I guess it all depends on how serious you are about finding gold in the water.....if you are then it won't be long before that highend machine starts paying for itself....justifying that expensive purchase...JMHO....Brian

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank, you can get a used Excal for $475 to $650 if you look.....My latest one I picked up for $475, added a used Wot 15 inch coil to make it an Excalibur 1500 ( :laughing9: ) and added a home made straight shaft for a total of $600....... Half the price of a new one.....Give it some thought..... :icon_scratch:

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Tank69 said:
If your into water hunting you have 3 ranges of machines that I've seen, the elcheapos that everyone should stay away from , the mid range price Tesoro's which nobody can get their hands on , then theres the high end machines that for most we just cant afford them right now.

So what do we do here? For me the only hope is to either use my land machine like last year an stay shallow less than waist deep or hope somebody decides they dont whant their TS an I find it before the masses do .

I dont do bad with my Tesoro land machine in the water I find gold silver an clad , but I put my dues in an am ready to get into deeper water where I know the finds are better plus Id like to hit the beaches an water in California an Mexico.

Well theres my rant folks what do you think .

HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

As far as California, you don't need a detector that can be submerged, if you get waist deep out hear the serf will destroy you, unless you plan to dive and if you do that the serge will kill along our coast. Unless you plan go someplace offshore like the Catalina Island. Its hard to beat the Excaliber out hear.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well we all know how saving goes when you dont have anything to save lol..right now next purchase is a new water heater mine passed on to a better lifethe other day lol.

TH sounds like I my have to try to do something like you have done .

Seraious about water hunting ?....I'm bout as serious as a fat kid at a desert buffet :tongue3: :laughing9:

Thanks for your thoughts guys :icon_thumleft:

HH Tank

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Tank, I'm with ya buddy. I keep having 'life event's rob my detecting money! I also decided to use what I found last spring to pay for a family trip to Colorado, which would've paid for part of an Excal quite well. HOWEVER, I keep telling myself that the funding is still out there to be found! Quit looking at classifieds till you're ready! All the good deals come along when you don't have the ability to snatch 'em up...

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you Driver , I guess the water addict in me is ready to startin hittin all that good stuff .Frustating no matter how you look at it an the problems Tesoro seems to be having , you really notice the lack of used machines out there .

HH Tank

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading this almost made me think maybe I should sell my TS and GT since I still will have many other water machines. Then it hit me, I wouldn't have my Tiger Shark if I got rid of it. My sugar must be to high again or I forgot to take my meds again. I sure wish Tesoro would get the connectors for the water detectors soon. Guys are having to settle on Beach Hunters. But wait till spring, Garrett might have a new water detector. :dontknow:

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol not good there Sandman dont be slackin on those meds .

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Its not difficult to put a dirt detector in a water proof box. I have a Tesoro Compadre and a Cibola that I installed H2O proof boxes bought from Wal Mart.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Tank, The thing that came to mind when reading this thread was , Wow , I bet Tank doesn't have a second wallet . ((( One identical on the outside to the one that you normally carry :sign13: but on the inside there is a stash of cash and a credit card that the billing goes to your Buddy's house, for purchases that are needed and would just cause a big argument around the house. ))) :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread