Beachunter ID 300

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaBill is the man to talk to, he uses one and has great luck with his..............

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is like the original Beach Hunter Id only with a larger coil. Others seem to like them but I do not. Oh it works fine, but the "near neutral buoyancy" coil floats like a cork and they have a set volume. The light weight coil is fine if you are staying out of the water. While wading however you must exert force to hold the coil down near the bottom. On letting go of the shaft to use a scoop the whole thing floats up to be washed around by waves. Doesn't matter if you are in fresh or saltwater either. Other manufactures don't have this problem with their coils.

The volume is preset and sort of loud for my ears with no way to adjust it. With the addition of the new O-rings it isn't prone to leaking anymore. If they fixed the coil thing I'd buy another one and wear cotton in my ears.

The detector is deep however with that larger coil and on the dry sand you can be happy that your arm isn't so tired.

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I have a Beachhunter ID 300, and I really like it.

Much more reliable than the Minelab Excalibur I have, and easier to use.

And the price is quite a bit less than $1,000.

The 12" coil does a great job of finding deep targets, and the tones and lights makes it easier to know what you've found before you start digging.

The coil is not weighted, which means when you are in the water you have to hold it down - but I've spent hours with it in the water and didn't notice it until it was mentioned here.

When I hunt, I set the Beachhunter to all metal mode, and check the lights when I get a tone. If it shows coins or rings, I dig.

I've used it on dry sand, wet sand, and in the salt water for many, many hours, and have found many great targets.

It is heavy, so plan on belt mounting it.

Bill

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
no I do not think it is.......i am on my 3rd new machine since i got it 1 /2 years ago. the first time the thing just died..worked one day and not the next..so they sent a new machine............then a couple months later this one went wacky and sent it in only to receive another new machine......now the 3rd machine started cracking at 3 of the bolts ( plastic covering was splitting where the bolt head sits) so i sent it in only to receive another new beach hunter id 300..............now just the other day i was inspecting it only to see the same thing is happening.....the places where the bolt heads sit the plastic is splitting..oh no!!!! i have never hunted in the water with any of the units i had. first off i don`t have a long handled scoop and i wanted to familiarize myself with how to use it before i invested in one of those $150+ scoops!
ok.......now my bhid was purchased with 3 others and the other 3 purchased all had to be returned for repairs in the past 1 1/2 years.....1 of them was dead right out of the box, 1 had to have the circuit board replaced and the 3rd was splitting all over where the bolts are like mine is now.

so if i had my choice i would not buy another one of these bhid 300 units until they remodel the unit..(they need to strengthen the holes where the bolts go and i`d reccommend moving the toggle switch because from swinging the unit side to side the toggle switch keeps getting caught on my right pocket and i`m sure i`ll accidentally tear it off one day) ....
BUT i do enjoy using it and i have found good stuff in the dry sand and it is a very easy machine to learn how to use.
well thats my 2 cents! good luck! mike t

TheHawg

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2009
Charleston, SC area
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-21, DetectorPro PI
I had one of the older ones with the coil that floated. Man, I hated that detector.
I have a Fisher CZ-21 now; much better detector in my opinion.
I have never tried a Minelab Excalibur. I hope to get one, one of these days though.

TheHawg

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin finder said:
::) Hi, All Happy Holiday to everyone. Question, what do you think about the new Beach- Hunter ID 300 do you think it is Worth $1,000 ? Thanks coin finder

This is half of what it found you tell me
IMG_1872.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread