Two Types of Discrimination

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi all, just wanted to share this with you.
There are two types of Discrimination that we use when hunting the one on the machine and the the one in our head! Case in point while hunting the beach / shallow water I tend not to us much if any Discrimination.( I dig everything) Hence the name?
I was out hunting not long ago and came upon another hunter. We stopped said hi and chatted for a minute or so. He remarked about the amount of soda cans he has detected and stopped digging this day? and pointed to an area a few feet away he had not dug. I had dug a few. He went one way I went to his pointed spot. I dug a really nice divers knife. I knew he was here as I could see his foot pattern as he pinpointed the target. He was using a CZ-7 He was getting the ring sound of a large item. He stopped digging them? I followed his pattern on the beach and dug some cans (which I took with me) and then found a pocket knife and then ladies watch.(not water proof) Not sure if he passed these items or not but I am sure about the Divers knife.
Point is we need to choose when to use Discrimination either one! The beach in my opinion is not the place! steve

Upvote 0

tractorboy30

Oct 4, 2009
Ontario
I dig everything everytime I am out as you just never no what comes out till its out as the unit is only guessing whats in the ground so u just never no thats my 2 cents
Frank

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
And double check your holes. Yesterday, I made the mistake as I was getting tired. I always check the holes a second time to ensure I scooped all targets, but yesterday, I had scooped over $13.00 in clad in a 50 yard by 3 ft corridor. I was getting tired and there were targets everywhere. The one I scooped looked like a crusty zincoln, and I put it in my pouch and moved to the next target. Got home and cleaned up the clad, and noticed the crusty cluster. Took out my pinpointer, and nada, zip, zilch. I had pocketed a crusty shell. Now, I'm wondering what I left behind. I have to hit the post office before it closes, but then I'll be back out in the lane to see what I missed. Happy Hunting!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a lot worse for the dudes that have screens on their detectors and pass up something because the VDI numbers aren't OK. Even if cans are coming up with a set of number doesn't mean something else can't have the same numbers or tones. But we get tired of digging trash and expect the detectors to be perfect.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Diver_Down said:
And double check your holes. Yesterday, I made the mistake as I was getting tired. I always check the holes a second time to ensure I scooped all targets, but yesterday, I had scooped over $13.00 in clad in a 50 yard by 3 ft corridor. I was getting tired and there were targets everywhere. The one I scooped looked like a crusty zincoln, and I put it in my pouch and moved to the next target. Got home and cleaned up the clad, and noticed the crusty cluster. Took out my pinpointer, and nada, zip, zilch. I had pocketed a crusty shell. Now, I'm wondering what I left behind. I have to hit the post office before it closes, but then I'll be back out in the lane to see what I missed. Happy Hunting!

I quick dusted the lane again that I covered, yesterday, and pulled up a few. Then I continued on the same corridor for another 20 feet. Another $7 in clad for the pile. I have about 100 yards remaining of this corridor to sweep. It has been fun as there has been virtually no trash targets. In the past two days, there were 5 trash targets in all. The rest is all clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread