Excalibur Busted??

• Thread starter Deleted member 12200
  • Start date

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an Excal but I do have a Sov GT. When my Sov does this, it's time to change the battery.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Willie, it sounds like a battery problem, have you tried it with another battery or the AA battery pod? Have you checked your battery after charging it to see if it is holding the proper charge? I had a charger go bad on me, and a battery that no longer holds a full charge.

I highly recommend you get the AA battery pod as a back up....Nothing sucks more then to be out hunting and your only battery dies....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I agree with Willie, it sounds like a battery problem, have you tried it with another battery or the AA battery pod? Have you checked your battery after charging it to see if it is holding the proper charge? I had a charger go bad on me, and a battery that no longer holds a full charge.

I highly recommend you get the AA battery pod as a back up....Nothing sucks more then to be out hunting and your only battery dies....

Yes, it sounds like your battery is to low. It could be you didn't charge it long enough, but more likely your charger isn't doing it's job. Change to another pod or borrow one from a buddy. Doesn't hurt to always have extra battery pods.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree I think its the battery sometimes they just fizzle out and you have to buy a replacement. The one thing I don't like about the excal is that when charging it doesn't have a light to tell you its charged. My brother got me a charger adapter for Christmas so that now it has a light that tells you when its completely charged so you don't under or over charge it. I have the best brother!!!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12200

Thanks y'all. You guys are banner.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12200

Yup, thats the sound. dead battery after 45 minutes?? My battery must be shot. $95 to Kellyco - better than $1200 for a new one. Happy hunting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
caseyqo said:
Yup, thats the sound. dead battery after 45 minutes?? My battery must be shot. $95 to Kellyco - better than $1200 for a new one. Happy hunting.

You could just order a NIMH battery and replace the battery inside your pod....Cost is about $35, and I still highly recommend yo get a AA batterypack.....

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Order one off ebay with the higher amps. They are really easy to swap out of the waterproof case. All you need is an allen wrench and a little silicon to put on the seal when you reassemble it. I bought mine there and it'll last for two days with no problems.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Go to ONLYBATTERYPACKS and they sale Excal batterys plus a quick charger that will charge the battery in a hour or two, It is easy to change out the battery jus get right size allen wrench and take out screw on side and be carefull when u take apart wiggle it side to side and pull apart not to damage rubber o ring and before you put back togeather make sure to clean good and no sand, and i used a silcone grease to keep water out worked great and been a year no problems,the quick charger is better than what minelab included.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yep, that's your battery going dead. Do like everyone said, get a backup battery pod and use AA batteries in it. Now don't make a mistake like I did and use rechargeables. Rechargeables are only 1.3 volt which is 10.4 volts. The Excalibur needs 12 volts to operate correctly so alkaline AA batteries are 1.5 volt x 8 = 12 volts. I quit using rechargeables after two pods went bad in one year. I buy my batteries from Big Lots usually Panasonics which give me about 28 hours with two pods before changing them out. Then use the old batteries to power my Xbox 360 controller till they are dead and dispose of them. Luck to you hunting. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread