Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with Treasure Hunter an MT Pockets,I think they just did one ,But the Sea search coil is a very good coil.(horseshoe) :tongue3:

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COTTON said:
Check with Treasure Hunter an MT Pockets,I think they just did one ,But the Sea search coil is a very good coil.(horseshoe) :tongue3:

Yeah, I've read good things about it, sensitive to small gold. I'd just like to have some options. It probably wouldn't be problem on later Excals, but the wiring is different on the original models. I did find an easy to follow instruction for the 15" WOT, so maybe I'll just go with that and use the waterproof connector.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the larger coils on my Excals, lots more coverage with each swing of the coil. I like the WOT coil, it is 15 inches, one of my partners Clyp perfers the Sunray S-12 coil. I think MT Pockets is using the WOT......

I have been told it isn't that hard to go into the Excal controls and rewire it there, but I prefer to splice the coil instead, controls are waterproof, personally I don't want to take the chance of a leak by opening it up.

Pockets does good work and I see he sent you an email, I am sure he can advise you the best way to do it.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread