First I found a thong, then I found this

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Even though it was pouring rain this morning, and we had wind and surf advisories, I decided to start the new year out right by heading to a nearby beach that has a bar/restaurant overlooking the pier and beach.

My thinking was some of the bar's New Year's celebrants might have gone out on the beach at midnight, and maybe they left a few targets.

Since it was raining pretty hard and I didn't know how long I had before the weather got worse, I concentrated on the likely party areas - around and under the pier, and up near the dunes.

I didn't find anything under the pier, but up by the dunes I spotted a woman's (I hope) thong (which I left on the beach).

I searched a 5 foot radius of the thong, and got a strong tone.

Scooped up about 2 inches of sand, and recovered a 12" silver chain.

It was raining so hard, I couldn't get a real close look of the chain, so put it away for further inspection.

Also found a few coins, but the weather got worse, and when it started lightning, I headed home.

At home, I got out the Dino microscope, and close ups on both clasps show .925 italy

So, I got a little wet, someone lost a thong, and I found silver.

A good way to start the year.

Bill

Attachments

• 0101sharkeys.jpg
    0101sharkeys.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 993
  • 01012010sharkeys1.jpg
    01012010sharkeys1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 979
Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice chain Bill.Great start,I was going to go today but my head is killing me.LOL :occasion14: :violent1:

tentpegs

Oct 15, 2006
spain
Detector(s) used
ex 1000 surfmaster pi
nice chain i was going out this morning but had a late finish. congrats on a good start to the new year

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
are you sure it was a thong and not a slingshot ? It's getting harder and harder to tell. LOL
congrats on the silver

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Very nice chain. While digging relics we wonder what it was like and what was going on at the time someone lost an item 100 years ago. I would imagine in recent history we would have to think the same way while coming upon an abandoned thong, lol. Nice finds!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the chain. :icon_thumright: Are you taking the thong out looking for Cinderella? :D

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched a 5 foot radius of the thong, and got a thong tone.

What exactly did that sound like?!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
I hope the thong went on a foot...LOL nice chain

"Thong tone?" Good one, I had to go back to first post to see if I read it wrong. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions