Diehard or idiot?

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went to the beach this morning. I KNEW it was going to be cold. I KNEW it was going to be windy. Did it stop me? Nooooooo There I was wearing my dive boots, shorts and I did wear a light jacket. Now it really wasn't so bad - well not REAL bad. The only thing that got cold was the right hand that uses the detector. I had a glove on my left. (I'm not losing MY rings) Very few targets this morning. Quite a few tourists out walking & running but no one silly enough to be sunning themselves. My take for this morning was a couple bottle caps, 3 pulltabs, a piece of crab trap, a penny and a piece of an earring (junk). So my question is..... am I an idiot or a diehard? My husband votes for idiot. ::)

MoneynJunk010310.jpg

Well I was smart enough to stay out of the water almost...... I did get my feet wet and to tell the truth the water was not bad at all but the air sure was! Soooooo How was your morning?

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey you have the same type dive boots as me...bet you get that funky tan line from them during the summer too. My kids make so much fun of me with my tan lines. I get dark dark tan from my short line to my boot line, then when I wear shorts and sandals out people are laughing at me, thinking I must of tanned in my socks or something ;D

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
txkickergirl said:
hey you have the same type dive boots as me...bet you get that funky tan line from them during the summer too. My kids make so much fun of me with my tan lines. I get dark dark tan from my short line to my boot line, then when I wear shorts and sandals out people are laughing at me, thinking I must of tanned in my socks or something ;D

soooooo it's not my hair it's my boots LOL

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well if you're an idiot, then what am I? I was down under the boardwalk Sunday, temp in the mid 20's and dropping, windy, snowing at times. The sand for the most part had to be chopped before I could dig.
Did find a gold crucifix though.
I vote die hard.

Nov 20, 2009
It is so funny,
I saw txkickergirl 's reply to you! We must all have the same stylist !
Some times when the weather is bad, I just get dressed anyway, I tell myself I deserve to get all gussied up and go out on the town. You ever have the teenagers try to make fun of you? I tell them that even if I don't find gold, that I'm happy cause I got to design my own Treasure hunting clothes.
I really do look just like you, down to my favorite black shorts that are not so forgiving with the salt stains.! looks like I'm an old homeless nut that peed herself. Did I spell that right? I never wrote the past tense word for pee before.
I started detecting when I was 23 years old. It was a little embarrassing then. 27 years later and I am smarter and wiser, I know I look good now! I am sure I am the strongest and healthiest I have ever been too. I am trying to get as strong as possible... I know some winter storms are coming, and I have a lot of gold digging to do.
Isn't this the greatest hobby ever?
Gold and health and dolphins and money and fresh air and nice people
You get a really big gold ring tomorrow!

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Hi Mumszie, you are dedicated. I admire you. I'm going to Siesta Key this Thursday, anyone want to go with me?? or meet me there?? I'll be doing some filming too.

susan, kelly, tinky

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
even in my beat down ill health --while waiting at my wifes doctors office in "down town" jacksonville (rough area) the dr office has armed guards at it --- next door to it is a big empty feild where folks park at --the feild was a civil war era camp ground and had some houses there till the 1901 great fire --in jacksonville . fla ---so even thought it was brutally cold --and there was homeless wanderer types that could possibly be a "issue"--I still had to hit it -- being there 2-3 homeless types on a nearby bench seemed to be interested in what I was doing --I did not take out the detector but just eyeballed stuff and cherry picked at it --- I got several 1830 to 1890 era pottery shards -- a "1847 rogers bros." trade marked -- "tipped" pattern fork from 1879 *--- a bit of broken victorian era costume jewelery---and part of a lock plate off a civil war era rifle .

once while on the ground getting a bit out of the ground one of the "wanders" started in a direct line towards me --as he got close I got up and dusted myself off --as he got close he said --are you ok ?---I said yep , sure am --- at that he changed course and headed away from me. --

so yes I understand the the "urge" to detect at times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread