Diehard or idiot?

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went to the beach this morning. I KNEW it was going to be cold. I KNEW it was going to be windy. Did it stop me? Nooooooo There I was wearing my dive boots, shorts and I did wear a light jacket. Now it really wasn't so bad - well not REAL bad. The only thing that got cold was the right hand that uses the detector. I had a glove on my left. (I'm not losing MY rings) Very few targets this morning. Quite a few tourists out walking & running but no one silly enough to be sunning themselves. My take for this morning was a couple bottle caps, 3 pulltabs, a piece of crab trap, a penny and a piece of an earring (junk). So my question is..... am I an idiot or a diehard? My husband votes for idiot. ::)

MoneynJunk010310.jpg

Well I was smart enough to stay out of the water almost...... I did get my feet wet and to tell the truth the water was not bad at all but the air sure was! Soooooo How was your morning?

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its not a either / or --- mumsie -- one can be diehard and a idiot at the same time . --trust me I done it too.

sometime you get that itch you gotta scratch -- you gotta go detecting -- even though the weather sux -- the finds been poor lately --yada yada --- sometimes you hit a good find --- other times its zinc cents and pulltabs

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie I think the Lord doesn't subtract from your life span the time you spend metal detecting. I read it somewhere. :read2:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am I an idiot or a diehard?......................you arent either of those mums .............. your a true metal detectorist ;D

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think most of us on here do understand the PASSION that's involved. To the people with their passion in a different direction ..well they probably think we are idiots. BUT we don't really care.

I've had some of my greatest times detecting in the rain with new clay surfaces exposed on the beach and giant waves crashing on me when i was too slow..and a gold band in my pocket ...... ahhhhh YEAH!

HH Joe

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, you are a top notch lady! I was out in 34 degree weather myself today. I did go by Walmart and get my first pair of coveralls. My husband says I look like a "dandy" in them (well, he is a bit bias).

I am very new, but I am beginning to understand the passion you have. As my generation would say, "just keep on trucking."
apush

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Welcome to the hobby! The more you find.... the more you "want" to find! It is highly addicting. I look forward to seeing your finds in the future.

KJ$IPW

Dec 6, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Whites 4900dl pro plus
Mumszie, you are just a hard core beach hunter, you never know what you will find until you get out there.
HH
Steve

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would say ........dedicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
You can't be an idiot as that would more likely fit me. I was out here on the beach in NJ for 5 hrs and it was 11 degrees with the wind blowing 40 mph. I did dig 36 clad 1 silver quarter, 1 silver ring and
1 gold school ring 10k 1927 no school name as the stone and top portion was gone.The other crazy guy with me dug 86 clad 1 silver dime 1 silver quarter and 2 silver rings and 1 silver earring.
Please save those harsh words for me! steve

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
I went to the beach this morning. I KNEW it was going to be cold. I KNEW it was going to be windy. Did it stop me? Nooooooo There I was wearing my dive boots, shorts and I did wear a light jacket. Now it really wasn't so bad - well not REAL bad. The only thing that got cold was the right hand that uses the detector. I had a glove on my left. (I'm not losing MY rings) Very few targets this morning. Quite a few tourists out walking & running but no one silly enough to be sunning themselves. My take for this morning was a couple bottle caps, 3 pulltabs, a piece of crab trap, a penny and a piece of an earring (junk). So my question is..... am I an idiot or a die hard? My husband votes for idiot. ::)

MoneynJunk010310.jpg

Well I was smart enough to stay out of the water almost...... I did get my feet wet and to tell the truth the water was not bad at all but the air sure was! Soooooo How was your morning?
You are
Die_Hard_Trilogy_PAL.jpg

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diehard or idiot?

This is quite appropriate behavior for a REAL TREASURE HUNTER.

(I have told that to myself, also, while chopping ice in a creek to pan in...........................) :headbang: :headbang:

B

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a dedicated die-hard Mumszie. You're doing something that you enjoy, you can't let a little thing like weather get in the way.
Buried Crap, i take the title today. 9 hours searching today in NJ and no gold.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

I looked up Diehard in the dictionary and saw your pic Mumszie :icon_thumright:
Diehard.jpg

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
You go and have fun lady, we have all been there done that. Speaking for myself I will probably do it again. I had planned a New Years start to my detecting season, but unfortunately I lost a filling and have had to put up with a painful tooth from the 31 until today and hopefully I will see the dentist today.
Go back out hunting, have fun, but keep warm with some layered clothing. :coffee2:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
pinebarrens1 said:
at your beach not crazy ...........at nj beach you maybe crazy .
Thank you! I will be at the same NJ beach today the wind has died down from yesterday, should feel like a spring day? steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread