Im done! (for a while)

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I'm done! (for a while)

Well I went to the doctor this afternoon and I'm done hunting for at least two months. I am now in an air boot. He did say I could hunt the dry land or dry sand as long as I don't get the boot wet. Yeah right! I have trouble squating or bending down now to retrieve anything from the ground and I can just see me trying to do it with this boot on. Then there is the problem of getting back up from the down position. It ain't gonna happen folks. LOL

I have to keep my foot immobile for two months. I cannot take the boot off except to sleep at night and I'm not suppose to take even one step without it on. This is NOT going to be fun folks! Then.... if that hasn't cured the problem I may still have to have surgery which will require me to be in a hard cast for two more months and then a boot for another two months. He said that my achillies tendon was about to rupture and if it does I would be in some serious pain. So I agreed to be a good girl and do what he tells me to do. The problem? I have serious calcification of the achillies tendon insertion - whatever that is and I hope I remembered it the way he told me. Anyway the upshot of the whole mess is.... I won't be hunting for quite a while so I am depending on you gng's to keep me posted on your finds. :wink:

Upvote 0

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Re: I'm done! (for a while)

Hi mumszie, sorry to hear about your injury. But you will be in good shape for spring. And if you do manage to get out & hunt before spring, perhaps you can have someone with you to do all the digging for you?? Bring a folding chair to sit & rest awhile. Then hit it some more, etc.. But like everyone else has said, you don't want to do more serious injury, so you have to take it easy.

It's cold out there now anyway. Take care, and ttyl, skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread