My homemade prescription dive mask!! lol..

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Hi Everyone, me & my crazy ideas!! lol. I tried this before with a not so good glue and it didn't work. So now I'm trying it with silicone, lol. When it warms up, I'll get in the water & try it out & let you know if it works or not. I was trying to seal all around the glasses lens so that water can't enter the front, and get between the glasses lens and the mask lens!!

I really don't care what it looks like, only if it works. If I don't get water in the mask, it should work ok!! I hope this will work or at least tide me over until I can afford $200-300 for prescription dive mask.

The whole reason for the dive mask is metal detecting underwater. About 5' deep. I'm 5' 3" so it would be deep enough for me!!

lol. I'll let you know if it works!! :)

Attachments

• divemaskmovieswithjan 005.jpg
    divemaskmovieswithjan 005.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,601
  • divemaskmovieswithjan 006.jpg
    divemaskmovieswithjan 006.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,812
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Well, I don't think you'll need to worry about little kids coming up to you bugging you to know what you're doing or what you've found :tongue3:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should work ok. The water entering the mask comes from around the skirt and will get infront of the lens and glass. Some water in the mask is a help as condensation inside fogs up the glass and by tipping the head down you can wash the littlel water you have in there to clear the condensation.

A good anti fog agent is a big help. I've tried everything from spit to expensive anti fog things and the best I've found so far for the fog inside the lens is Gorilla Snot. No kidding, Gorilla Snot, Inc. out of Key Largo, FL.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mumszie that is a good site. The first lenses I had installed were installed wrong by the dive shop. Thanx. :thumbsup:

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Sandman, How the heck do you keep the gorilla under control at the beach?

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain.But after a couple great finds i had the money to get Lasik surgery. Believe me i was wearing coke bottles. :tongue3:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montauk3 said:
Hey Sandman, How the heck do you keep the gorilla under control at the beach?
I dont now about Sandman,But i just keep him in the water for a spell.Or i find a very cold spot in the water :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Sandman said:
This should work ok. The water entering the mask comes from around the skirt and will get infront of the lens and glass. Some water in the mask is a help as condensation inside fogs up the glass and by tipping the head down you can wash the littlel water you have in there to clear the condensation.

A good anti fog agent is a big help. I've tried everything from spit to expensive anti fog things and the best I've found so far for the fog inside the lens is Gorilla Snot. No kidding, Gorilla Snot, Inc. out of Key Largo, FL.

Thanks for the info. I've used some anti fog a very long time ago. When I was a kid in the 70's. Time to upgrade!! lol..

skt

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread