Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rant part 1

Any guesses as to how long it would take for your favorite beaches to be over run with
Everyone that has a detector? (Expert and novice)

I don’t think it would be too long if we give our locations along with the pictures of prime finds.

I am sure that there are some that froth at the mouth when they see some of the nice targets that we collect. They assume that if you found an 18k ring on Monday at so and so beach, they will find a 36k ring on Tuesday within 29 feet of where you found yours.

I am also sure that some would say that I’m a little too secretive about where I hunt. So be it! When I first joined T-Net, I naively gave my locations freely. NO MORE.

Rant part 2

Trash, we all know what trash looks like. Its pretty common. EVERONE finds trash and hopefully disposes of it properly.

Pulltabs, bottle caps, canslaw, plastic, hairpins, ETC. Come on folks, is it really necessary to post pictures of all the trash we find in every post on a treasure site?

Perhaps the site administrators will add a new category for trash only.

Rant over, for now.

Fire away, I’ve got my helmet on.

Ralph

Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Uh oh.... I know it's me that you all are talking about with the trash. Yeah, I post everything I find trash included but I do it to show that you don't always find "good" stuff. Perhaps I'm wrong. I think it is depressing to only see "good" stuff and then you go out and find junk. Newbies need to know that it does take time and perserverance to find the good stuff. Anytime you gng's get tired of my posts you only need to tell me and I'll quit posting but I won't quit hunting! LOL

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mumszie I like ALL your post. It's neat to see what junk you find with what and at what time of the year. I think there's something to learn from that.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest Mumszie, your daily reports from the beach help a lot of us. From your posts we can see when the action is about to start. Also, a lot of them make me laugh because it's stuff that I've seen before. At least you are not rude nor do you post negative comments.

Keep posting and keep us informed.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt. JP said:
I have a Rant part 3...

How many of you get tired of receiving an email that someone has posted a comment to an item. You click on it only to see the following comment:

:thumbsup:

just a :thumbsup: not even one extra word with it. I can understand if it is something out of this world but I get notifications from items that were originally posted a year ago and someone new comes along and posts a :thumbsup:

I know there is an option to cut off notifications but 99% of the time people update their posts or someone posts something useful on the same thread.

A couple of months ago I opened my email to find 10 (or more) emails that someone had posted a new comment to several items that I had commented on in the past. Everyone of them had just a :thumbsup:

At least put a word or two, for example "nice find," and then add the :thumbsup:

Oh well, I got to get back to work. I hope someone is out there finding something good.

Only thing I can add to that is, :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread