Help w/ Waders

Rich-VB

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2010
Hoping someone can offer some assistance on waders.

Have some hip waders but am looking for chest waders now, only problem is all I've found have a steel shank in the boot, none w/ a fiberglass shank. My hip waders have a fiberglass shank, but the company doesn't seem to make fiberglass shanks in their chest waders (LaCrosse). My first pair of hip waders had a steel shank and it was a pain in the arse because it falsed a lot.

I hunt the wetsand, don't go into the water above the knees as I know a lot of you say that's dangerous w/ waders. Just looking for something to keep me drier when some of those fast waves run up the sand and shoot straight up my legs, typically soaking me feet in the short hip waders.

Thanks for any info you can share!
Happy Detecting,
-Rich

Upvote 0

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if frogstogs have a steel shank or not but I don't get any falsing when I run the coil over my feet while hunting with them on.
They're chest waders and are pretty comfy with sweatpants, longjohns and pants on when it's cold.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Don't get bootfoot waders, get the ones called stocking foot waders. You buy the boots separately, you can find those boots without the steel.
TDNY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread