It was just too cold for me (rare Florida ice and snow pics lol)

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Attachments

• Will snow 8.jpg
    Will snow 8.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 529
  • Will snow 5.jpg
    Will snow 5.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 546
  • Will snow 11.jpg
    Will snow 11.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 548
Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya, sleeted at home too. I had a friend drag me out duck hunting this morning, and I'm still cold.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I want to move to FL to get away from the snow so I hope this is the last time for that!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much more snow or cold up my way. Well, last night did get close to zero. :D

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yep it doesn't happen often down here but when it does it is a shock to all of us! Back in the 70's there were actually enough on the ground to have a snowball fight! LOL

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea, and its hard to complain, seeing the weather our friends to the north are braving right now....but....when the fish and other creatures from the water start to freeze and wash up on the shore...you know its too cold for Florida! Saw more than 50 dead fish on the beach today.

Took these pics of four sting rays beached in the Banana River at Port Canaveral/Rt 528. (looked like a family all lined up there in a row) Saw several others floating belly up in the water. But at least we had a sunny day today!

2010-01-10 17-28-53_0009.jpg

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we flew out of Florida last week on Thursday I felt like I was on the road to pneumonia. I couldn't stop coughing. Today, Monday, I'm almost over it, have a dive planned for Thursday and feel great.

Thursday morning we had to wait an hour on the tarmac at Tampa Airport for the wings to warm up on the plane (pilot said they had to since they don't have anything for ice in Florida). I believe it was 28 degrees when we left the house. When we arrived in San Salvador, it was a cool 82 degrees. :icon_sunny:

I love the cold but I hate getting sick in it.

Hopefully it will warm up soon and lots of tourists will come and deposit their jewelry at the beaches.

OP
OP
Hangingfor8

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Way to brag Capt. I wish you all had a need for fire fighters with a treasure hunting habit down there. I hate the cold. I guess I choose the right profession for being warm though.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt. JP said:
When we flew out of Florida last week on Thursday I felt like I was on the road to pneumonia. I couldn't stop coughing. Today, Monday, I'm almost over it, have a dive planned for Thursday and feel great.

Thursday morning we had to wait an hour on the tarmac at Tampa Airport for the wings to warm up on the plane (pilot said they had to since they don't have anything for ice in Florida). I believe it was 28 degrees when we left the house. When we arrived in San Salvador, it was a cool 82 degrees. :icon_sunny:

I love the cold but I hate getting sick in it.

Hopefully it will warm up soon and lots of tourists will come and deposit their jewelry at the beaches.
:thumbsup:

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Just couldnt help it :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread