OP
OP
GuerillaBill

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
It's hooked to my belt. I can let it go and drag it behind me hands free.

Bill

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool video Bill,So how are you liking your new GT? :tongue3:

OP
OP
GuerillaBill

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
COTTON said:
Cool video Bill,So how are you liking your new GT? :tongue3:

I have an Excalibur II, a BeachHunter 300 and the Sovereign GT - and the Sovereign GT is definitely my favorite detector!

Seems to be much more stable than the Excalibur, and returns out of nulling much faster. Also seems to find smaller items deeper.

And I really like the ability to use quality volume adjustable headphones with the Sovereign GT.

So I like it best. But I'll keep the other two detectors for wet weather and water hunts.

Bill

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Short but nice to see steady camera work. Quality does count!
More, more, we want more.

P.S. I like the scoop tether idea, I may give it a try.

Ralph

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, Great Video, and you are right it is Short ! so did you find any thing ? coin finder :coffee2: :coffee2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sandhunter

Greenie
Nov 11, 2008
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, PI Pro, Sovereigh GT, Whites Prism 3
Nice video, I too am a new owner of the Sov GT, were you using the new Mindlab black bag hip mount rig?

GuerillaBill said:
Here's a short video I shot Friday, just before the cold front pushed into florida.

It shows how I 'suit up' for a beach hunt.

Also shows how I have adapted my sand scoop so I don't have to carry it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWMBBOWBjMU

Bill

OP
OP
GuerillaBill

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Sandhunter said:
Nice video, I too am a new owner of the Sov GT, were you using the new Mindlab black bag hip mount rig?

I'm using a 'home made' hip mount rig.

I got the belt from Lowes for $5.95. Found the bag at Goodwill for $2.50, in the backpack section.

The bag has the belt mount strap on the back and the bag is waterproof. It has a zipper cover, and two zipper pockets.

Our local goodwill store had 20 to 30 of these kinds of mini backpack bags to choose from - most under $3.00.

Bill

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like good videos and you look like you know how to do it. :thumbsup: Most videos have the camera jumping all over the place and include music which I think takes away from the vid.

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Sandman said:
I like good videos and you look like you know how to do it. :thumbsup: Most videos have the camera jumping all over the place and include music which I think takes away from the vid.

The problem with the way that Bill does it is that he has to mount his cam on a tripod and that makes it kinda hard to lug around the beach and hunt at the same time as for the camera being unsteady well....I wanted to hire a professional cameraman to follow me around with one of those hightech steadycams but my production budget is a little low at this time and as for music....well I mix music in my videos...as for the genre of music....I use rock music.....In my opinion it adds a little emotion to the production instead of listening to someone drone on and on in a monotone voice. I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you are referring to my videos....well I still enjoy all of your videos.....oh that's right you don't make any videos....huh....you posted previously that I was being mean to Bill in another thread on here....well....cmon man....take a look in the mirror and measure what you write. You are respected for all of your knowledge about beach and surf hunting.....if that is so then please live up to that respect and watch what you say about others....unlike me, it definitely doesn't become you!....JMHO.....Brian

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have to agree with Sandman. Does that mean that I don't watch any videos other then yours?
I'm sure that he was not picking on you.

I watch MANY videos and every one of them that have music and jitter annoys the hell out of me.

Paranoia some times sneaks up on us.

HH
Ralph

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Montauk3 said:
I have to agree with Sandman. Does that mean that I don't watch any videos other then yours?
I'm sure that he was not picking on you.

I watch MANY videos and every one of them that have music and jitter annoys the hell out of me.

Paranoia some times sneaks up on us.

HH
Ralph

Hey Ralph.....
Cmon already, what other videos other than mine are really worth watching anyway? LOL :laughing7: :laughing7: (kidding) well ok....I'm sorry it annoys you.....And you're right about this paranoia thing.....kinda like the paranoia that you feel worrying about the legions of people that must be hunting your hotspots (I couldn't resist that one) :laughing9:

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Laughing does not hide a troubled mind.

Let us call a cease fire before it escalates.

Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions