Hey i-phone users

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a tide chart app and it's free! It has over 5000 location points. All three of my favorites were listed. Here is the cool part it works in real time. Meaning if you walk onto the beach with your i-phone it will show you exactly where you are in relationship to the current tide. It only works if you know how read a tide chart. Which takes about a 3rd grade education to understand.

I just didn't know it I should have put this under "today's finds" or "Tool Shed" or here

Upvote 0

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tide charts are awesome for metal detecting. If anyone out there has old school stuff like me, ie Palm Pilot or Dell Axim, there are also tide charts available for them for free downloads. Tidetool is the one for the Palm. Just Google Tidetool and you will get a link. The old palm pilots are all over Ebay for real cheap and are worth the money for this one app. Won't be out much if it gets lost or broken either. HH

SFLOcenEng

Apr 19, 2008
Rio Seco
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Sounds like a good app. Another good one is the Oakley Surf Report app. on it you can get tide and wave height information. So far it has worked well for me and it is free!

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I phone but my hand held gps has it in there, so thats what I use. There is also a neat sith that you can print the whole month and look forward months ahead of time. I was looking at a nice negative for 4 months and wheen it came itsure was low, but so much sand made it hard to find anything...
http://www.protides.com/map/

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the name of the app?
I'll post it when the wife gets home. she has the i-phone

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she has the phone, and that sweet ring you found. do you get to have anything?

Oh yeah that ring FAKE!!! ended up being worth about $30 worth of gold. popped that cz out and off to the smelter. I will find a real ring this year!

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Navionics: Marine US East is one of the two apps I really like for the iphone/itouch.

It's not free but it is a really high quality app. Probably my personal favorite and one that would be very useful for boaters, as it is really a complete electronic version of the Marine Charts for the particular area you choose, in my case, the east coast.

The other app I like is Bombora, which provides real time, as opposed to only predicted, tidal information & directional swells, as well as a host of other useful stuff. A good portion of the info comes from some of the more than 500 NOAA stations out there at sea. It also brings in additional weather info from other sources to help provide you with a good sense of what's happening in the here and now. The only downside to Bombora is that it requires internet access to provide updated information, no net - no updated info.

If anyone was any other apps, programs or gizmos of any type to help in the pursuit of treasure I think we'd all love to hear of them. I personally am a bit of a tech lover myself so I always try to incorporate some tech into finding, mapping or logging my pursuits for treasure.

JCH

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I use Shralp Tide on my Iphone. And WXtide32 on my pc. Both are free. The one for the Iphone gives 5 days ahead with real time graphs. and the one for the pc has a graph with real time and a calender you can print out.

Dale

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I finally got the name of the app

Marine Day Tide

Its very easy to use

D

digum smacks

very easy to use? ??? i got mad couldnt even down load it >:( i said forget it.i just use my trusty noaa never fails and its already there nothing to download.just tried the wx32 that an easy one

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just use my trusty noaa never fails and its already there nothing to download.just tried the wx32 that an easy one

I'll try that one also. One can never have too many tools in their arsenal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread